British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RPNY

Idea For British Final 2014

Hold it on a non GP Saturday afternoon.

Highest placed non GP rider is Cardiff Wild Card

Have it at Peterborough - a big, fast, entertaining, fairly convinient and neutral (well if last few years are anything to go by) track.

£10 entrance for adults £2 for kids/over 65s

Find a sponsor that could put up some prize money

Make it an actual event not just a Monday night meeting!

Edited by Tex
  • Like 6

Time to give the meeting the status it deserves , one thing I would add is that it should be held on a fixed date in the calendar .

Time to give the meeting the status it deserves , one thing I would add is that it should be held on a fixed date in the calendar .

My fixed date would be the Saturday before Cardiff..

My fixed date would be the Saturday before Cardiff..

Great idea Tex. One thing though, having it the Saturday before Cardiff is not leaving much time for re-arranging any rained off British final. And we all know what our "summers" have been like recently.................

Very true. Bloody English weather.

Hold it on a non GP Saturday afternoon.

Highest placed non GP rider is Cardiff Wild Card

Have it at Peterborough - a big, fast, entertaining, fairly convinient and neutral (well if last few years are anything to go by) track.

£10 entrance for adults £2 for kids/over 65s

Find a sponsor that could put up some prize money

Make it an actual event not just a Monday night meeting!

I don't think the organisers actually get to pick the wildcard, even though it has been the top placed none GP rider in the past. I would hold it at the new Belle Vue track when it's available. You have to consider possible TV coverage when picking a date and time. You also have to hold it at a venue that actually wants to hold it.

Have it on the friday night at Cardiff top 3 not counting any GP rider are the wildcard and reserves.

Highest placed non GP rider is the Cardiff wildcard, what prat thought of this years idea? Hold the meeting on a bigger fairer track so the kids can actually race...

Suprised if next years its not done by phone vote! They already don't give a toss what us supporters want.

Far too much sense in this idea, go to the corner of the room and wait until you are told to move! :shock:

Also like the idea of staging it on the friday before the Cardiff GP. Or even the sunday after.....

Highest placed non GP rider is the Cardiff wildcard, what prat thought of this years idea? Hold the meeting on a bigger fairer track so the kids can actually race...

Suprised if next years its not done by phone vote! They already don't give a toss what us supporters want.

No wonder promoters have a conception of speedway fans lacking intelligence. How many times do people have to be told!! The wildcard for the GP is decided by BSI. It was not the BSPA's decision and had nothing to do with them.

• Like 4