British Speedway Forum

I am quite sure there is a deal in place for a number of stock car/ banger events for this season at least and also how long is the speedway lease??

Surely it's not big enough for a full sized football pitch in the middle of the track?

And I'm pretty sure the football supporters won't want to look through a fence, over a dog track and over a speedway track to watch the football...

I think it would be instead of it, not in addition to the track

I think it would be instead of it, not in addition to the track

Yes that's it! A football pitch INSTEAD of the race tracks. The Football League almost certainly would insist on that if Coventry City FC took an interest in Brandon.

To accomodate football other ventures at Brandon Stadium would have to go. The Football League would I am certain insist on that. Speedway, stock car and greyhound supporters must ake sure it does not happen. I am sure Doug will for once agree with me on this!

Ha ha.Not sure if i would or not.But pretty sure one of your pals Kenny Lane,Jack Keen,speedyguy etc would lol

this has been bubbling for a number of months on CCFC forums and was kicked off when it was suggested that Sandhu but CCFC.

its all posturing, no one even knows who owns the club anyone let alone, build a new stadium.

There are a number of football league rules around re locating a team, specifically it has to be in the same metropolitan area ( to stop Wimbledon moving to milton keynes), brandon is in Warwickshire under rugby Council not Coventry.

as has been mentioned many times it is green belt and the planning restrictions are very severe, the local shop had to switch off there illuminated board.

The biggest issue has always been the road itself, which even for houses would need to be completely re developed, so realistically thats more money than SISU have.

im not going to say never, but very unlikely....

worst case is that they buy the land bulldoze everything down and then will be refused planning..

Irrespective of the hurdles outlined above, if you look at the current Football Association's 'Safety Stadium Management' guidelines drawn up after the Taylor Report, etc. I think you'll find that there are major implications in using Brandon.

There would need to be significant investment. It would then beg the question as to whether this investment would be a viable proposition given the reduced attendance numbers - due to, for example, the installation of additional seating and mandatory safety controls (such as CCTV).

If we are talking about a whole new dual-purpose stadium being built, then that's another issue. However, there are major obstacles to overcome if the plan is to move to Brandon, and I just don't perceive that it will ever happen.

And the fact remains that whilst the stadium is on the doorstep of the Daily Mail reading Hyacinth Buckets of this country (how poignant the series was filmed in the area) then they appear to hold a lot of sway over the prominent pen-pushers at Warwickshire County Town Hall.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

The 'owners' SISU can say what they like but as part of the club is in admin then at this moment they dont get a say with what happens to the club in the future yet. The administrator runs the club at this moment.

The 'owners' SISU can say what they like but as part of the club is in admin then at this moment they dont get a say with what happens to the club in the future yet. The administrator runs the club at this moment.

who works for SISU!

you couldnt make it up

Fisher can't be serious if he keeps on the way he is going he won't have any supporters left, suggest he pays proportion of rent owing to ACLU for last two years rent. What would happen if you didn't pay the rent on your Council house?.Out pretty fast if Cov City took over Brandon and the at park filled up where would the overflow go Can't see Rugby Council putting up with that. Feel it's all bluff withFisher let's hope the League puts stop to this!!!

Edited by abbo

who works for SISU!

you couldnt make it up

Yep he was SISU choice of administrator as they are the largest creditors. As i said before i doubt it will be at brandon but its still slightly concerning.

Edited by woz01

SISU have ruined the football club and it breaks my heart to say that while they are in charge I will never go to another home game, even though I have been a season ticket holder for years.

Message to SISU - keep your grubby hands off Brandon and do the decent thing for once and just GO.

Fisher can't be serious if he keeps on the way he is going he won't have any supporters left, suggest he pays proportion of rent owing to ACLU for last two years rent. What would happen if you didn't pay the rent on your Council house?.Out pretty fast if Cov City took over Brandon and the at park filled up where would the overflow go Can't see Rugby Council putting up with that. Feel it's all bluff withFisher let's hope the League puts stop to this!!!

If you don't pay the rent on your home they kick you out and move someone else in. But who is going to want to move into the Ricoh? It's only good for one thing - and frankly it's too big/much for that. The Ricoh need Coventry City more than Coventry City needs the Ricoh. As a result, if Coventry City do decide they're mving out, the stadium owners will HAVE to lower the retn for Coventry City, after all, 50% of the current rent is better than 0% of the current rent.

On a much smaller scale, the same thing has happened in Newport, the forward moving football club (just been promoted for the 2nd time in 3 season into the football league) and moved out of their council run football stadium into the rugby Stadium leaving the council with an under used (it get a bit of athletics) stadium that apparently they're going to abandon unless someone else moves in (a possible tiny hope for a return to the city for speedway?). The difference is Newport Stadium hasn't cost anyone the millions than the Ricoh has cost to build and maintain over the years and will be nowhere near the same level of wastage.

It needs to be worked out if its better to subsdidise Coventry City or leave the Stadium as a white elephant - if I was still a council tax payer in Coventry I'd prefer my tax go on keeping the club it the stadium than seeing whats already been spent wasted.

I would imagine it will be nearly impossible for Coventry City too move too, if you go to another city you have in effect become a new club but the council are not going ti give permission for a new stadium,. Brandon just won't happen as Sandhu has not been able to get permission to change a light bulb since he took over. The only option as I see it is the Butts Park Arena (Rugby Ground for non-locals) but that would probably need to be extended and would the council give permission even if the money could be found? Not likely as they'll want the club back in the Ricoh.

Just one big game of bluff as I see it.

I woulden't be concerned, if CCFC are not at the Ricoh next season, the likelihood is they will be tennants at Walsall or St Andrews for a few years, plenty can happen in that time like a takover and suddenly the problems with the Ricoh disappear.

If all else fails, the local NIMBY's will see to it nothing happens at Brandon (must be the first instance where such people would aid speedways interests than interfere with them!).

If you don't pay the rent on your home they kick you out and move someone else in. But who is going to want to move into the Ricoh? It's only good for one thing - and frankly it's too big/much for that. The Ricoh need Coventry City more than Coventry City needs the Ricoh. As a result, if Coventry City do decide they're mving out, the stadium owners will HAVE to lower the retn for Coventry City, after all, 50% of the current rent is better than 0% of the current rent.

On a much smaller scale, the same thing has happened in Newport, the forward moving football club (just been promoted for the 2nd time in 3 season into the football league) and moved out of their council run football stadium into the rugby Stadium leaving the council with an under used (it get a bit of athletics) stadium that apparently they're going to abandon unless someone else moves in (a possible tiny hope for a return to the city for speedway?). The difference is Newport Stadium hasn't cost anyone the millions than the Ricoh has cost to build and maintain over the years and will be nowhere near the same level of wastage.

It needs to be worked out if its better to subsdidise Coventry City or leave the Stadium as a white elephant - if I was still a council tax payer in Coventry I'd prefer my tax go on keeping the club it the stadium than seeing whats already been spent wasted.

I would imagine it will be nearly impossible for Coventry City too move too, if you go to another city you have in effect become a new club but the council are not going ti give permission for a new stadium,. Brandon just won't happen as Sandhu has not been able to get permission to change a light bulb since he took over. The only option as I see it is the Butts Park Arena (Rugby Ground for non-locals) but that would probably need to be extended and would the council give permission even if the money could be found? Not likely as they'll want the club back in the Ricoh.

Just one big game of bluff as I see it.

ACL offered to reduce the rent from £1.2million too 400k and the club turned it down. It is all twit for tat and i still think the club will be at the Ricoh next season. The club need the Ricoh and the Ricoh the club, im still hoping a takeover happens so it doesnt get to a point were we are playing out of Coventry.

Edited by woz01