British Speedway Forum

If the worst comes to the worst next season Coventry City will play their home games at one of the Birmingham clubs or other Midland clubs and eventually they'll get new owners and end up back where they belong, the Ricoh!

They are talking to all Midlands clubs but are in advanced talks with Walsall about playing at the Bescot next season and beyond, which is crazy!!. I mean surely St Andrews is the logical choice, given its a straight A road from Coventry and a more or less a direct train link. Also Blues are in financial mess themselves, so beneficial for them to rent out their ground to gain extra income.

The problem I believe is very simple The Ricoh is a Premier Division stadium and at present Coventry are a third rate team.

• Like 2

despite all the press, I fully expect the sky blues to be playng at the Ricoh next season

• Like 2

They are talking to all Midlands clubs but are in advanced talks with Walsall about playing at the Bescot next season and beyond, which is crazy!!. I mean surely St Andrews is the logical choice, given its a straight A road from Coventry and a more or less a direct train link. Also Blues are in financial mess themselves, so beneficial for them to rent out their ground to gain extra income.

At the risk of going off topics, Birminghams owners don't understand the concept of finances (the chairmans on trial in China for that very reason), so it woulden't surprise me if Walsall offered better terms.

Long as they stay away from Brandon, who cares, unless your a Bee who's a CCFC fan the rest of the time.

The possibility of Coventry City moving to Brandon is very much alive!!

It will never be allowed by the local council , even a funeral directors was vetoed because of the noise & THAT IS NOT A JOKE . perhaps a Bees fan can confirm this as fact .

It will never be allowed by the local council , even a funeral directors was vetoed because of the noise & THAT IS NOT A JOKE . perhaps a Bees fan can confirm this as fact .

the market Garden opposite has been turned down numerous times for building can't see a football stadium at Brandon

No it isnt, the current owners will not own the club by the start of the season.

You would think that they would be used to the noise of weeping and sobbing at Brandon. :blink:

• Like 2

Some people are under the misapprehension that the council can turn down any application!

They will get buried at appeal over some of these decisions! You have to have SOUND planning reasons to turn down an application! But what do I know as a former planning committee member?

Confirmed - it was on the site of the former petrol station in Binley Woods between A46 and Roseycombe, Rugby Road

Long Eaton public enquiry ruled no houses retain for sports use, now housing!

Cradley Heath two public enquiries second resulting in housing allowed! Built on a buffer zone!

Never rule anything out in planning! An appeal is ruled on by a single inspector, I know one who clearly stated that if Brandon could easily be built on with housing, however there would be a limit on the number due to the status of the main road.

Sports stadiums do not fall into the same ruling! They do not have to have on site parking for fans! There are dozens of examples in the country! A simple park and ride located elsewhere could help eradicate any problems.

The government is also looking at relaxing planning regulations!

Confirmed - it was on the site of the former petrol station in Binley Woods between A46 and Roseycombe, Rugby Road

They ought to appeal then!

More chance of the Bees wining the league