British Speedway Forum
womble53

Dutch Open Championship

On March 20th the Dutch Open Championship takes place at Dohren.......GERMANY?

Does anyone out there have any details of the possible line up, and what time the meeting gets under way (Afternoon or Evening etc ?).

I would appreciate any help with the info Cheers

Firstly if its like last year it is only one of a couple of Dutch Open meetings.Last years riders at Dohren includedJannick de Jong,Jörg Tebbe(D),Henk Bos,Sjörd Rozenberg,Henry van der Steen,Shane Colvin!,(might be able to get more info from him);Lubos Tomicek and others.In all there was over 70 riders and 61 races,so i think it must have started relatively early!

I have a telephone no. +31/263528515 but cant find anything about the meeting in Bahnsport maybe because the Ice speedway final is on in Berlin that weekend.Also i think that the Dutch Speedway Championship is on 18th Sept in Blijham:good luck!

Does anyone out there have any details of the possible line up, and what time the meeting gets under way (Afternoon or Evening etc ?).

I haven't been to a Dutch Open meeting for a couple of years, but they usually start around 13.00. Sometimes a few heats are staged earlier in the day for the lower classes, but you're not missing much.

There are usually around 40 heats featuring 2 or 3 solo 500cc classes, a 125cc junior class and a sidecar class. The standard is not terribly high - probably around Conference League for the top solos.

Gert Bos <gert@speedway.org> used to be the man to contact for the details, but I don't know if his e-mail address still works.