British Speedway Forum

IF the current GP standings were the same at the end of the year, who would you pick as the four wild cards for 2014?

Ward is the certainty IMO. After that, not sure yet

Ward for sure and probably Iversen. Not so sure after that at the moment but no doubt the selectors would include a token Swede.

Isnt it abit early for this thread after only a couple of GPs? Qualifers havent even been done yet.

• Like 1

Isnt it abit early for this thread after only a couple of GPs? Qualifers havent even been done yet.

JUST a bit of fun ... but are there any outstanding candidates currently not in the series?

JUST a bit of fun ... but are there any outstanding candidates currently not in the series?

Janowski, M B Jensen and dare I say it on this forum MJJ. Maybe not what could be called outstanding but certainly would be lively.

Harris :P

You joke, but you and I both know BSI will find every way possible to get their beloved Bomber back in the series!

I'll readily admit I got it totally wrong with Woffinden this season, but I hope BSI don't use his form as an excuse to gift another place to a Brit. Unless someone qualifies for the series by right, leave it to Woffinden to keep the British audience interested.

Personally I can see at least one of Gollob and Hancock retiring come the end of the season. If so, I presume the next best rider will get the spot, a la Jonsson this year? I think Iversen will qualify by right anyway, especially if he piles up the points in Gorzow.

With a couple of rounds in Sweden, I guess there will always be a Swede? With his Monster connections, I expect they'll go for Lindback.

Ward absolutely has to be in it.

I reckon they sweetened Jepsen-Jensen up pre-season with the promise of a place next year, so he'll be in.

To continue the World U21 Champion theme, I expect they'll go for Janowski for the last place.

Ward, Janowski, Jepsen-Jensen and Lindback.

JT.

You joke, but you and I both know BSI will find every way possible to get their beloved Bomber back in the series!

I'll readily admit I got it totally wrong with Woffinden this season, but I hope BSI don't use his form as an excuse to gift another place to a Brit. Unless someone qualifies for the series by right, leave it to Woffinden to keep the British audience interested.

Personally I can see at least one of Gollob and Hancock retiring come the end of the season. If so, I presume the next best rider will get the spot, a la Jonsson this year? I think Iversen will qualify by right anyway, especially if he piles up the points in Gorzow.

With a couple of rounds in Sweden, I guess there will always be a Swede? With his Monster connections, I expect they'll go for Lindback.

Ward absolutely has to be in it.

I reckon they sweetened Jepsen-Jensen up pre-season with the promise of a place next year, so he'll be in.

To continue the World U21 Champion theme, I expect they'll go for Janowski for the last place.

Ward, Janowski, Jepsen-Jensen and Lindback.

JT.

I think you are right in most of what you say...

BUT

I do think that with Tai taking a top 8 spot combined with likelihood of Greg retiring there is a real possibility of a an extra British wildcard and with BSI that will have only one possible name.

If Chris Harris has a half decent Cardiff this year I bet he'll be a shoe-in for a 2014 invite from Bellamy et al..

I would think that Greg Hancock and Tomasz Gollob will not be in the GP's next year. You can also take out Antonio Lindback, and possibly Freddie Lindgren, Martin Vaculik and Krzysztof Kasprzak.

Darcy Ward will certainly be back maybe Arten Laguta' ,Hans Andersen and as an outsider Craig Cook

Britain is going to get a wildcard at the GP challenge at Poole this season, if that rider fails to qualify but finishes 4th or 5th they may be able to justify a place. Bomber like Poole, so you never know :o

Isn't it sad that I can't think of anyone other than Woffinden (at least part Australian) who deserves a place from this Country? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Darcy Ward plus 4th-6th in the challenge.