British Speedway Forum

The old they risk there necks to entertain us rubbish. They do it because they quite enjoy riding bikes and someone pays them to. Anyone who believes they do it for our entertainment is very stupid. Ask yourself this would they do it for free??

• Like 2

The old they risk there necks to entertain us rubbish. They do it because they quite enjoy riding bikes and someone pays them to. Anyone who believes they do it for our entertainment is very stupid. Ask yourself this would they do it for free??

You're as blind as Iris. Read the posts before you spout off. And please don't call me stupid, you've never met me. The fact is, for some riders at the bottom end of our sport, it's an expensive hobby. I know because I have worked in the sport and sponsored riders too. If you knew anything about it, you would know that's the case. As it is, you obviously know naff all about it.

There you go again Dave.Slag off someone who doesn't hold your views.As it is we aren't talking about riders at the bottom end.Have you not noticed we are in the GP end of our sport in this section?

You are obviously hot under the collar on this one and never going to agree with anyone elses opinion,so i think i'll not carry on with all this.It is all done and dusted anyway.Just hope the proper procedures are followed in future

You're as blind as Iris. Read the posts before you spout off. And please don't call me stupid, you've never met me. The fact is, for some riders at the bottom end of our sport, it's an expensive hobby. I know because I have worked in the sport and sponsored riders too. If you knew anything about it, you would know that's the case. As it is, you obviously know naff all about it.

No need to be abusive. Im actually friends with a couple of riders. They will have no problem telling you they do it for the money there happy they enertain but its not why they do it

No need to be abusive. Im actually friends with a couple of riders. They will have no problem telling you they do it for the money there happy they enertain but its not why they do it

Well I know a couple of Riders who DON'T make money out of Speedway but do it because they enjoy it and they like to entertain.

It takes all sorts.

It is the job of the CCP Secretary in Geneva to notify federations in cases such as n.

Isnt he Armandos pick for the job?

not sure how many riders would actually pay to watch though? I imagine those not making money are doing it for their own adrenalin rush more than anything..and a big crowd must add to that ..

An average finishing position of between 9th and 10th over that period is not the performance of an average rider at world level.

ok so there are 15 riders in the series - the halfcway mark is eighth. a rider who consistently finishes 9th or 10th is an average (or slightly below average) performer at that level. That's not saying he isn't a very good rider - but at gp level he is average at best ( you could havex said the same in the 80s for Jan andersson who I would rate ahead of Freddie).

I'm not anti lindgren - I would have been fine with him being picked ahead of jonsson for the Swedish spot.. but there were plenty of other riders who outperformed lindgren in 2013 - I make him just inside the top 30 riders lastxyear - more deserving (imho) of a place.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

This Thread wouldn't exist if everyone had to QUALIFY!!

Just saying..............................................................................

We would be more likely having the same conversation over and over again actually

Phil Rising reaction to Gollob apparently jacking in the GP's...

MY gut feeling after some discussions regarding Gollob's withdrawal is that the FIM have no choice but to follow their own rules and promote Chris Harris into the 2014 SGP series.

Incidentally, I have had it confirmed, for what it is worth, that all other 14 riders have submitted their entry forms to the FIM for the 2014 SGP.

You couldn't make it up, could you?! Charity Harris strikes again!

As if the thought of our Chris as first reserve wasn't dreadful enough, it looks he will now replace one of the all time speedway legends on a full time basis.

After Jonsson got the nod instead of first reserve Dryml last season, the only hope is BSI ignore the rule book again and nominate an exciting, up and coming and world class rider, instead.

I'm clutching at straws here, but with three Danes in the series, surely BSI will be looking for an equal amount of Poles?

JT.

Edited by JT

As if the thought of our Chris as first reserve wasn't dreadful enough, it looks he will now replace one of the all time speedway legends on a full time basis.

After Jonsson got the nod instead of first reserve Dryml last season, the only hope is BSI ignore the rule book again and nominate an exciting, up and coming and world class rider, instead.

I'm clutching at straws here, but with three Danes in the series, surely BSI will be looking for an equal amount of Poles?

JT.

As long as the 'Dance to BSI's Rules. :wink::shock:

See what I did there. :t:

I'll get me coat.

JT.

NOT BSI's decision ... it comes from the FIM. And the situation with Jonsson and Dryml was different in the eyes of the FIM hierarchy.

BECAUSE, as far as the fIM were concerned and unlike this year, the actual line-up for the following year's series had not been concluded.