British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Jan O Pedersen Speedway Academy

Speedway Academy | Help put britain back on top of the Speedway World

www.speedwayacademy.co.uk

Site launches in just over 2 hours.

A brilliant concept that will hopefully get young British riders to the top of the sport. We will be out and about in Cardiff Saturday handing out leaflets about the academy and inviting fans and businesses to become involved through the two tier membership scheme. The more we raise the more riders we can involve and assist.

Let's hope this is successful.

• Like 1

It will be!

Will post the full details but the Membership are for Foundation at £25 and Executive at £100 ..with multiple memberships per person allowable.

Bit of advice. If you're going to have a website without a countdown to launch, actually launch the site when the countdown hits 0. Doesn't exactly give a good first impression.

Bit of advice. If you're going to have a website without a countdown to launch, actually launch the site when the countdown hits 0. Doesn't exactly give a good first impression.

A bit like Hide and Seek; you don't call "COMING... READY OR NOT" until you've counted your final digit, otherwise that wouldn't look good and could cause tantrums with anyone who's hiding and still, for example, has most of his body (it could be a she) still on show, depending on the vastness of the person's body, of course.

Or is that me, just being picky.

Oh, I see the countdown is now counting down to midnight now!

sorry SCB the website as far as I knew was due to go live today ---not something Jan O has control over as organised and sponsored for us. I will find out what the situation is asap.

The important part for Jan O is to get the word out at Cardiff and we will be handing out leaflets all day with the help of some volunteers who we must thank for their help.

The most important thing though is the concept of what Jan O is doing.

• Like 1

sorry SCB the website as far as I knew was due to go live today ---not something Jan O has control over as organised and sponsored for us. I will find out what the situation is asap.

The important part for Jan O is to get the word out at Cardiff and we will be handing out leaflets all day with the help of some volunteers who we must thank for their help.

The most important thing though is the concept of what Jan O is doing.

Couldn't agree more. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Great idea - possibly. Am I missing something?? Website doesnt say very much important details - Which tracks will be used - What days and time it will run - How much it will cost to attend - How frequently they will run - How it will be run - Does the student have to commit to all training days to get certificate etc. . .

If this wa Dragons Den then I am Out....

Is the website saying that 16-18 year olds can try speedway for free while fans stump up £25 or £100 with nothing in return but a newsletter?

The people who created this website didn't start making a Speedway film a few years ago did they?

Website will be added to and more details provided. All Jan O wanted to was to get it all launched for Cardiff. He will be doing a full interview in the Speedway Star w/e June 15th . We will also be in Cardiff all day Saturday and discussing the Academy whilst handing out the leaflets ...Jan will be answering questions etc ..please come along and talk to us ...

The members club involves a lot more than a newsletter ..we will expand on this in a full press release .

All will be revealed . Trust the doubters will then be able to fully appraise what the Scheme entails and what the short and long term aims are.

I have had my first look at the website and it covers the main basic concepts --it does explain the scheme but as I said it will be added to ...

Edited by Main Man

Website will be added to and more details provided. All Jan O wanted to was to get it all launched for Cardiff. He will be doing a full interview in the Speedway Star w/e June 15th . We will also be in Cardiff all day Saturday and discussing the Academy whilst handing out the leaflets ...Jan will be answering questions etc ..please come along and talk to us ...

The members club involves a lot more than a newsletter ..we will expand on this in a full press release .

All will be revealed . Trust the doubters will then be able to fully appraise what the Scheme entails and what the short and long term aims are.

Of course, but don't think the current website carries any favours in the short term despite the reasons why, I personally would have just had a holding screen for time being.l

Good luck with the venture.

Thank you Mr Sensible ....but Jan wanted to get the basic concept over and that is what the site does at present

can't understand why this has been moved to this section --yes it is about young British riders but in the general section it will get more viewings and hopefully more people will offer help by joining the membership --it is for the long term good of British Speedway ...so can the powers that be move it back or copy it please!!

can't understand why this has been moved to this section --yes it is about young British riders but in the general section it will get more viewings and hopefully more people will offer help by joining the membership --it is for the long term good of British Speedway ...so can the powers that be move it back or copy it please!!

Actually - that is a fair point. As many folk as possible should see this.