British Speedway Forum

Well I enjoyed it

• Like 1

Track was poor hope next year will be better nice to see mrs blake on screen again

Take Nicki two weeks he was hit and was drifting wide in the final, and due to the injury to his arm he could no longer hold on. Why was that not KKs fault? At what point did it stop being KK and become Pedersen?

When Pedersen decided to lay the bike down ( injury or not ) trying to get a re-run, which he does with great regularity on the first bend when he misses the gate.

To suggest a rider deliberately targets another rider is utter drivel and I really ought to have more sense than reply to it.

I think your biggest problem is that Tai is English and / or does'nt ride for Edinburgh.

Who the fook is Tao?

I think that is just someone mis-spelling Thai's name.

• Like 2

Well I enjoyed it

Me too. Yes there were obvious track issues as we all knew the day before thanks to the forum and twitter etc but at least they got the meeting on and I for one enjoyed the whole day thoroughly.

Well I enjoyed it

Me too. Yes there were obvious track issues as we all knew the day before thanks to the forum and twitter etc but at least they got the meeting on and I for one enjoyed the whole day thoroughly.

We must be freak then :D

Blazeaway I was using my phone whilst in the car, I see your pedantic enough to pick out one typo. Steve E i think your issue is like man others that they just have a dislike of anything Nicki. Anyway i have finally got home after a long journey, so i shall bid you all farewell and hope the refereeing decisions get better and stop favouring home gp riders.

My first post here and just wanted to offer a bit of perspective.

Last night was my first SGP and my 6th meeting ever having only finally seeing live Speedway in the last year. It was a fantastic spectacle and a wonderful evening, well worth the (quite high) ticket price. Even to a novice like me there were clearly track problems (and one is always chiefly concerned for rider safety) but it did not mar the evening to the extent some here seem to think. I was at Poole on Monday and that was clearly far worse.

I took seven others along including two 12 year olds who had no idea about the sport before, an adult attending his first meeting, a couple of other relative newcomers like me and even a former club rider and they are all now going to attend league meetings in the near future and vowed to be back in Cardiff for 2014. The former club rider ended the evening saying every nerve was jangling to get back out on the track and wondering where his racing gear was!

The Cardiff GP is a stunning showpiece for a wonderful sport which clearly much needs it, that point could possibly be appreciated a bit more.

Edited by SFTG Nigel
  • Like 3

As far as I'm concerned, some of these comments about the meeting and the track itself are way over the top. In 22 races, there was only 1 crash which was definitely a direct result of the track conditions. Lindgren's in the final. Watching the replay's I think Tai's crash was simply due to him being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was moved over by Lindgren's move up the inside and, whilst he picked up a bit of grip then, would still have probably rode it out if Pedersen had not been directly in his way. So he hit Pedersen and high-sided. Had Pedersen, by chance, rode a different line, I don't feel there would have been a crash at all.

There were passes in almost every heat. I've just watched it back on Eurosport and typed this as I watched.

Ht 2 - AJ passes Lindback bends 1 and 2

Ht 3 - Greg passes Lindgren bends 3 and 4, lap 1

Ht 4 - KK passes Emil bend 4 and into lap 2. Close race between all 3 riders.

Ht 6 - KK breaks track record. AJ passes Dryml bends 1 and 2, lap 4.

Ht 7 - Emil passes Lindback bends 1 and 2, lap 2. Good race between Emil and Gollob for 2nd.

Ht 8 - Harris passes Vaculik bends 1 and 2 and back straight, lap 2.

Ht 9 - AJ and Lindgren trading places end of lap 1 and bends 1 and 2, lap 2. AJ and Lindgren inside Haris bend 1, lap 4. Harris between both bend 2, lap 4.

Lindgren past AJ bends 3 and 4, lap 4.

Ht 10 - Tai inside Hancock back straight, lap 1. Emil inside Hampel same place. Tai past Hampel bend 4, lap 1. Hancock inside Hampel into lap 2.

Hancock and Tai trading places for laps 2 and 3.

Ht 12 - Iversen inside Pedersen bends 3 and 4, lap 1.

Ht 13 - KK passes Hancock into bend 1, lap 3

Ht 15 - Hampel passes Dryml bends 3 and 4, lap 1.

Ht 16 - Emil passes AJ bends 3 and 4, lap 1

Ht 18 - Haris passes Auty into bend 1, lap 2

Ht 19 - Gollob passes Pedersen because the injured Pedersen is struggling to turn bike on the heavy track.

Ht 20 - KK passes Lindgren bend 3, lap 1. Lindgren passes KK bend 1, lap 2. KK and Lindgren neck and neck until Lindgren pulls away into bend 1, lap 3.

Semi 1 - KK passes Pedersen bends 3 and 4, lap 1. Holder passes Pedersen into bend 1, lap 2.

Semi 2 - Emil passes Hancock bends 3 and 4, lap 1. Emil passes Vaculik as Vaculik hits a rut.

That seems like a decent amount of passing to me. And these passes were not (except on the occasions I have mentioned) due to other riders hitting ruts and losing control.

I just watched Harris winning in 2007 on YouTube. The track was probably worse than last nights.

I agree that the track should not be rutted for an event like the GP, and clearly mistakes were made. However to say the GP was ruined and the track dangerous is wide of the mark as far as I'm concerned. The track was tricky, granted but, apart from one or two who, I suspect, were beaten mentally by the conditions the riders were able to race and pass on it.

I had a great day, enjoyed the meeting whilst I was there and also enjoyed the replay on Eurosport. They knocked Sky's GP coverage for 6. Nicholls, in particular, was excellent and Kelvin being involved on screen before the action started was a nice touch. No flashy studio, just 2 people standing at the side of the track. Who needs a flashy studio with the Millenium Stadium as backdrop?

Perhaps I just have low standards!

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 3

Lmao Snyper your conspiracy theory is nothing short of hilarious! Clearly the crappy track was as much to blame as anything....i cant blame the 'Angry Man' as all he did was what anyone else would do...dont believe what Tai did was anything more than be a bit startled by Freddie but at that point seemed to pick up some drive and run into the back of a (lets face it) not exactly motoring Nicki....allowing for the s***hole of a track there must surely be a precedent for a ref to consider all 4 back...although obviously Woffenden wouldnt have been able to take part in any re-run....as the so called pattern of Tai coliding with Nicki it happens all the time to all kinds of riders...time to suck it up and move on to the next gp

• Like 1

If you want to see the value of a Cardiff ticket just compare it to a elite league meeting. I pay £17 to get into a elite league meeting for that you get 15 heats, maybe a few good races, a couple of world class riders, no atmosphere, keep a check on the weather to make sure the meeting is on, sometimes the track condition can be as bad as some the temporary tracks. the Cardiff experience is 100 times better than a elite league meeting. For me Cardiff is value for money every year.

• Like 2

I agree that the track should not be rutted for an event like the GP, and clearly mistakes were made. However to say the GP was ruined and the track dangerous is wide of the mark as far as I'm concerned.

You make some good points but Freddie Lindgren may not agree that it wasn't dangerous. He went head first into the shale on the 3rd bend in the final. Others were bouncing around on the bike. That should not happen on a GP track where ticket prices in the decent seats was very high..

did anyone get the time of the final. i didn't hang around because i had to leg it for a train.

You make some good points but Freddie Lindgren may not agree that it wasn't dangerous. He went head first into the shale on the 3rd bend in the final. Others were bouncing around on the bike. That should not happen on a GP track where ticket prices in the decent seats was very high..

But riders falling off due to hitting ruts happens all the time in speedway meetings week in, week out.. Sure, it's not ideal but it happens in speedway. Lindgren just got unlucky. Other riders in the other 22 heats rode through those ruts without any real issues other than a bit of lifting and bouncing about. If the track had been genuinely dangerous we would have seen more than that one incident.

Edited by G the Bee

G the Bee

But riders falling off due to hitting ruts happens all the time in speedway meetings week in, week out.. Sure, it's not ideal but it happens in speedway. Lindgren just got unlucky. Other riders in the other 22 heats rode through those ruts without any real issues other than a bit of lifting and bouncing about. If the track had been genuinely dangerous we would have seen more than that one incident.

Cant agree. The British GP is our showpiece so the track should be spot on. The best surface to allow the best riders to perform to there best.

• Like 1