British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

Edinburgh And Berwick Hotels

Anyone able to recommend any decent hotels/guest houses near to the relevent tracks might be popping up for a speedway football speedway trip in july.

Hotel called the castle next to berwick train station how many is is for

Anyone able to recommend any decent hotels/guest houses near to the relevent tracks might be popping up for a speedway football speedway trip in july.

Cara House in Berwick 01289 302749. Long time sponsors of Berwick Speedway and a regular retreat for riders

Cara House, www.carahouse.co.uk, e.mail pam@carahouse.co.uk tel01289 302749. The Elizabethan Townhouse, www.elizabethan-town-house.co.uk. e.mail dm27@ethberwick.co.uk tel. 01289 304580. The Castle.tel 01289 307900. Queens Head Hotel, www.queensheadberwick.co.uk. e.mailinfo@queensheadberwick.co.uk. tel. 01289307852.

The Premier Inn, Bathgate & The Cairn Hotel are the most popular hotels with travelling fans, being a short car trip from stadium at Armadale.

See this link :

http://maps.google.c...A&ved=0COkBEMgT

Thanks for all the information once i know how many of us are likely to make the trip i shall start the phoning/emailing around.

Also would it not be an idea to have a section with this kind of information plus taxis,local pubs etc on this site.i'm thinking along the lines of say "Tims Taxis" who advertise in a club programme so visiting supporters who may have need of a taxi when in the area use a firm who put money into the club.

Thanks for all the information once i know how many of us are likely to make the trip i shall start the phoning/emailing around.

Also would it not be an idea to have a section with this kind of information plus taxis,local pubs etc on this site.i'm thinking along the lines of say "Tims Taxis" who advertise in a club programme so visiting supporters who may have need of a taxi when in the area use a firm who put money into the club.

I like your thinking, very good idea, as long as it is just the company's that support speedway

Its a bit like look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

If i went to a pub for instance which was an advertiser/sponsor for a prematch pint and sandwich and said it was recommended by said club or supporters the landlord can see the benefit.

Oh forgot to ask do Berwick Rangers use the same food outlets as The Bandits as i have read alot about the pies and burgers. If the football food is of the same highly recommended standard i can let OUFC supporters know about it through our forum.

Edited by Triple.H.

The Collingwood arms near Coldstream is v nice. :approve:

Edited by topaz325

Its a bit like look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

If i went to a pub for instance which was an advertiser/sponsor for a prematch pint and sandwich and said it was recommended by said club or supporters the landlord can see the benefit.

Oh forgot to ask do Berwick Rangers use the same food outlets as The Bandits as i have read alot about the pies and burgers. If the football food is of the same highly recommended standard i can let OUFC supporters know about it through our forum.

Berwick Rangers use a different supply of food, the speedway catering in supplied by Promoter John Anderson's own shop

For edinburgh you could always stay in the city centre then travel to the meeting on the bus from waterloo place. Far too many hotels to mention on here

There is a travel lodge in Berwick, if you need a taxi try macks 01289330990 the owners son is berwicks num8 Liam care or A1 01289398524 a good speedway supporter, re food a football not the same but Brill fish and chips they won't be disapointed

No, Berwick Rangers catering is from an "ordinary" source, and their food is, well, ordinary. But Smith's fish & chips at the bottom of the road are mighty fine.

Berwick Bandits catering van provides without a shadow of a doubt the best grub in speedway, and probably football or any other sport too, with very reasonable prices! Burgers are great, but the pies go 'way above great, being superb.