British Speedway Forum

BIG changes in the Longtrack GP's next year: Riders are down to 15 (from 20). Heats are down to 15 (also from 20). Top 10 of 2013 plus the top 5 of the challenge are qualified for next years events. There are NO wildcards. Prize money goes down by 25% to 21K per event. No GP's in Vechta and Forus. Also no GP in Forssa, but they are staging the team event.

Joachim Ohmer from the DMSB said that he is 'happy' that there will be something atleast next year. Ohmer thinks that there will be 5 GP's; probably Morizes, Marmande, Eenrum, Herxheim plus another one somewhere. The challenge will be held in Marianske Lazne.

The whole longtrack series look more dead then alive I believe, maybe time to go back to the good old times with one big final?

The whole longtrack series look more dead then alive I believe, maybe time to go back to the good old times with one big final?

It's not been the same since the top speedway riders did the World Longtrack as well. Maybe inevitable once the SGP came in, but it's hardly even a proper longtrack series any more, is it?

Absolutely right, Phil, it's not the Speedway GPs, but the Sunday afternoon Polish league that has done all the damage to the long-track scene.

Absolutely right, Phil, it's not the Speedway GPs, but the Sunday afternoon Polish league that has done all the damage to the long-track scene.

Phil is pretty well spot on,but you let the longtrack guys off the hook by putting "all" the blame on Poland.I went to three longtrack meetings here and the presentation was terrible and the meeting dragged on and on and on.The only people to blame for me not going back in the last 5 or so years are the German guys in charge,not the Poles

Phil is pretty well spot on,but you let the longtrack guys off the hook by putting "all" the blame on Poland.

And of course, the Polish League wasn't raced every Sunday either.

Five GP's have, finally, been confirmed for 2014: Herxheim, Marmande, Eenrum, Morizes and Mühldorf. Quite happy to see one in my own country, Eenrum has a brilliant 600 meter track which will produce some awesome racing.

This is how the lineup looks like for 2014:

1. Joonas Kylmakorpi / FIN
2. Jannick de Jong / NL
3. Richard Hall / GB
4. Josef Franc / CZ
5. Cameron Woodward / AUS
6. Jorg Tebbe / DE
7. Mathieu Tressarieu / FRA
8. Richard Speiser / DE
9. Martin Smolinski / DE ????
10. Dirk Fabriek / NL
11. Erik Riss / DE
12. Stephan Katt / DE
13. Stephane Tresarrieu / FRA
14. Dimitri Berge / FRA
15. Andrew Appleton / GB

Sorry for the triple post (lol) - but the FIM calendar has been published:

29.5 - Final 1 - Herxheim (GER)
1.6 - Quali 1 - Bielefeld (GER)
5.7 - Quali 2 - Tayac (FRA)
13.7 - Final 2 - Marmande (FRA)
10.8 - Challenge - Marianske Lazne (CZ)
17.8 - Final 3 - Eenrum (NL)
23.8 - Teams - Forssa (FIN)
13.9 - Final 4 - Morizes (FRA)
28.9 - Final 5 - Mühldorf (GER)

Looks like they changed the qualification format as the Challenge is now held in the middle of the season ....

Too bad Forus had to let go... I enjoyed it, but there was hardly any attendance... I prefer speedway, but world class longtrack is also great fun. I wonder though about the new format with only five riders each heat... Will there be too much room and huge gaps between riders, especially on 1000 meter tracks?

Go Kylmä! Yet another win this year!

I spoke to an elderly gent at Forssa las year. He's been following lt for 50 years and seen races with up to 8 riders. He said 5 was ok, didnt miss the sixth.

Looking forward to see PK in Bielefeld, good for the sport to see some more speedway faces :) :)

Said for a few years that Harris should give up on the SGPs and turn to Longtrack.Think it would suit him down to the ground,rather than keep bashing his balls in speedway

For 2015 there are three riders with a Swedish license that have entered the qualifications for 2015: Joonas Kylmäkorpi, Joel Nyström and Peter "PK" Karlsson.

http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Nyheter/VMKvalLongTrack/

Looking forward to see PK in Bielefeld, good for the sport to see some more speedway faces :) :)

Unfortunately for you, PK have pulled out from the qualifications.

He did a test a short while ago in a race in England and he felt that it was very tough physically and that it reminded him (physically) of his crash last season.

http://speedway24.se/nyhet/ar-inte-karlssons-landslagskarriar-over