British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Glasgow 8/6/13 Pl 7.30

On paper this should be an easy win for the Lions however, we thought that against Plymouth last week.

If we can get a decent lead in the first half of the meeting , then we could run away with it.

Lions to win by 12-16 points.

I think we would take a 12-16 point defeat. With two enforced changes being reported, Tigers may be stronger than normal but still looks like a comfortable home win

I wonder if Roynan will be included at the expense of karlsson on Saturday .

So Glasgow have Ashley Birks as guest for all 3 matches at weekend and r/r for Joey ringwood, makes us a wee bit stronger but reckon we will still take a beating away from home ...sincerely hope we can make a match of it....maybe our we rest period has rejuvenated our guys ;)

I wonder if Roynan will be included at the expense of karlsson on Saturday .

if you judge adam on his performance in kauko's meeting i would say he needs more time to get race fit and up to speed.if they let karlsson go now that would be a foolish move.

Have Glasgow been allowed the use of a guest to replace James Wright full stop or is it because they have 2 of their top five missing?

Have Glasgow been allowed the use of a guest to replace James Wright full stop or is it because they have 2 of their top five missing?

Because 2 of their top 5 are missing.

Lions have released Adam and kept Magnus.

Sorry to hear that Adam has lost his team place, great rider if not a little injury prone, that said I think Magnus has proved to be an excellent ( temp replacement) for Adam and Leicester would have been foolish to let him go. Well Adam where too next ( Glasgow)? If I was him I would take some time out until I was fully fit, but cannot see Adam doing that, his an out and out racer and will know doubt be desperate to get back on a bike.

• Like 1

If Roynon's GSA is still 7.07, Glasgow could replace Wright with him now.

Other possibilities that would fit one for one, would be instead of Lanham, Lemon, Kus,, or Mear.

I have to agree with neb on this, although Adam Roynon did seem to improve as the meeting went on. I think he just needs some competitive racing to get back to the form that we all know he's capable of. I and many others were really looking forward to seeing a fast hard charging Roynon in the team this year. I would like to wish him luck for the future and maybe one day see him in a Lions race jacket again.

As i understand from the press down here the teams are as follows

LEICESTER

1.Kauko Nieminen

2.Jan Graversen

3. Lasse Bjerre

4.Kevin Doolan

5. Magnus Karlsson

6. Robert Branford

7. Alex Edberg

GLASGOW

1. Joe Screen

2. R/R

3. Henning Bager

4. Ashley Birks (guest)

5.James Grieves

6.Harley Horwood

7.Joe Jacobs

I will add the paper are famous for getting speedway wrong i.e " Karl Nieminen " lol

As i understand from the press down here the teams are as follows

LEICESTER

1.Kauko Nieminen

2.Jan Graversen

3. Lasse Bjerre

4.Kevin Doolan

5. Magnus Karlsson

6. Robert Branford

7. Alex Edberg

GLASGOW

1. Joe Screen

2. R/R

3. Henning Bager

4. Ashley Birks (guest)

5.James Grieves

6.Harley Horwood

7.Joe Jacobs

I will add the paper are famous for getting speedway wrong i.e " Karl Nieminen " lol

Thanks for that - but I didn't know you had moved to Glasgow!!