British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Redcar (pl) 7/6/13 @7.30pm

Shouldn`t think it`s lazy or inaccurate-R/R was ineligible so the R/R points scored are removed- end of

well we will just have to disagree on that one.

r/r points being removed mean Redcar shouldn't have been allowed a TR, in my opinion that makes it lazy and inaccurate. What happens if come the end of the season redcar are tied on points with another club for play offs and just get the nod? or if they are one point ahead and would have lost out if they were level? I suppose the one saving grace this time was they didnt just add them to the other sides score

Probably wont affect anything other than another nail in the sports credability in the long run and theres more holes in that than a colander anyhow I suppose so why should we bother?

• Like 3

Lioness, I fear you're wasting your time. Its been said for a long time the way points are just removed is wrong. Just one of the many issues with the sport.

I agree that a full redeclaration of points should happen.

Given that the decision has been made to simply remove points resulting from the r/r then it could be argued the tac points should also be removed as it was only as a result of r/r that they were gained.

Back to 3 points to the Bears either way I say!

Edinburghs lack of knowledge is to blame, Redcars score cannot be altered as they didn't do anything wrong.

Edinburgh where the ones cheating and have been dealt with.

Move on

An extra point................ Yeah , go on then ............... We'll have it :t:

:party:

Edinburghs lack of knowledge is to blame, Redcars score cannot be altered as they didn't do anything wrong.

Edinburgh where the ones cheating and have been dealt with.

Move on

I agree that the decision is a correct one, and don't begrudge Redcar the extra point. I don't think it is reasonable to say Edinburgh were cheating. All they needed to do was ask for r/r and they would have got it - it was a mistake.

I agree that the decision is a correct one, and don't begrudge Redcar the extra point. I don't think it is reasonable to say Edinburgh were cheating. All they needed to do was ask for r/r and they would have got it - it was a mistake.

Would they have? The rules state a facility only on the day of a meeting for longtrack. The meeting was not on the Friday so now R/R should have been allowed. Edinburgh cheated and weirdly they have not been punished, but Redcar have been given a point they don't actually deserve for it. Very odd.

I hardy post on here but here are some facts for you all before you say Edinburgh cheated...Edinburgh informed the Ref that they would be using r/r for the Dutchman who was taking part in the World Longtrack. The Dutchman's federation were not happy that Theo may miss the event due to time constraints and said he must miss the Edinburgh home match. Edinburgh informed the Ref by email that they would be using r/r for him. The Ref indicated that he replied saying they would need special permission to do so. Edinburgh say they never received any such email...They have been told it is not practical to provide evidence of this said email. So ask yourselves if Edinburgh cheated or not. another thing to ponder is that you need to ask for permission that imply's that permission may not be granted. So why should any team release any rider for any event? Why take the chance of applying for something you may not get it is better to keep the rider and not allow him to compete in another event. Perhaps team GB should replace Craig Cook who is needed in the Edinburgh team.

Would they have? The rules state a facility only on the day of a meeting for longtrack. The meeting was not on the Friday so now R/R should have been allowed. Edinburgh cheated and weirdly they have not been punished, but Redcar have been given a point they don't actually deserve for it. Very odd.

Yes and i would query the apparent fact that he couldn`t get to Fossa in time if he rode for Edinburgh-persumably they were looking at the first flight from glasgow which gets to Helsinki too late-however speedway riders have been known to undertake long overnight car journeys to get to meetings(asleep while someone else does the driving)and the first Finnair flight out of Heathrow would have got him to the meeting.not ideal travel arrangements i would agree,expensive as well,however he would have been able to ride for Edinburgh.

Edited by racers and royals

They should have just asked the Chairman of the BSPA about this,im sure ,in his position as Chairman he would have made a quick and impartial decision

EDIT-- sorry i just remembered who the chairman is!!!!

Yes and i would query the apparent fact that he couldn`t get to Fossa in time if he rode for Edinburgh-persumably they were looking at the first flight from glasgow which gets to Helsinki too late-however speedway riders have been known to undertake long overnight car journeys to get to meetings(asleep while someone else does the driving)and the first Finnair flight out of Heathrow would have got him to the meeting.not ideal travel arrangements i would agree,expensive as well,however he would have been able to ride for Edinburgh.

I stand corrected but I seem to recall that travel arrangements had been looked at ensuring he could get there in time for the meeting but his federation refused, them saying it was too tight to get him to the meeting on time...

so who is in charge at edinburgh. do the promotion know the proper rules of speedway or are they newbies.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!!!! And if the appeal by Redcar had have gone in Edinburgh's favour, everyone would be on here saying it was the influence of our promotion on the board that helped it!!

Time to accept it and move on. It could be worse, you could have signed a rider, got him to do the required number of matches to gain an average and become an asset, who then signs for another club the following season and the BSPA then make him their asset :blink:

As has been said, if Edinburgh had asked for the facility they might well have got it, looking at the early signing-on time (rather than the first-race time) required for the long-track meeting. Their error, now properly-punished, was in not asking. They weren't cheating, they were incompetent.

However, it would have opened a large can of worms if a rider had been allowed an extra day in advance of a long-track event, and it is better (for Brirtish speedway) in the long run that the rule of "on the day of the event only" is strictly imposed. Always and forever.

(Interesting about the tactical points, and a probability that Redcar might really not be due the extra point, though)

Time to accept it and move on. It could be worse, you could have signed a rider, got him to do the required number of matches to gain an average and become an asset, who then signs for another club the following season and the BSPA then make him their asset :blink:

Time to accept it and move on yourself!

when the Edinburgh team submitted this team to the referee on TUESDAY why did it take till 1hour before the start of the meeting to question r/r for theo pijper ??

think directing the blame solely at edinburgh is a bit unfair .

Who are we taking about here ?

As has been said, if Edinburgh had asked for the facility they might well have got it, looking at the early signing-on time (rather than the first-race time) required for the long-track meeting. Their error, now properly-punished, was in not asking. They weren't cheating, they were incompetent.

However, it would have opened a large can of worms if a rider had been allowed an extra day in advance of a long-track event, and it is better (for Brirtish speedway) in the long run that the rule of "on the day of the event only" is strictly imposed. Always and forever.

(Interesting about the tactical points, and a probability that Redcar might really not be due the extra point, though)

Time to accept it and move on yourself!

What has the tactical points got to do with on the the night,when you do not know what would have happened if Edinburgh had used the proper facility on the night.Without re running the fixture surely that's the only out come that can be taken.Redcar might have not needed a tactical ride if aNL guest had been used who knows what the out come would have been.these c#ck ups can on happen in speedway ,the Chairman of the BSPA appears not to know the rules when effects his club !!!!!