Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Najjer

Somerset Vs. Rye House (07/06/2013 @ 7.30)

We've missed Jason Garrity's balls to the wall performances and the sooner he is back the better. The frustration on my part is that on paper we have a side capable of living with the likes of Somerset home and away.

Forget Jason Garriity, even Jason Criump in his heyday wouldn't have made much difference. When are we gonna stop making excuses for some of Lykkes woeful performances, especially away from home? His gating is atrocious and he hugs that white line like its his best friend.

Silver is on record as saying he doesn't look at a riders average when building a team, just picks the best seven riders available. Bullsh*t!. Simon Lambert, really? Just tell the truth and say he was the best you could afford within the budget available. You'd get far more credit for that rather than just bullsh*tting the fans with a load of old pony and flim flam. You can tell he used to be a used car salesman. Trying to pass off and old banger as a Rolls Royce. Well it don't wash with me and if the crowds continue to dwindle he'll be left with a virtually empty stadium and only memories of a side that used to challenge for trophies, not put up a performance like we saw at Somerset,

Hopefully the side will get a kick up the arse before on form Plymouth arrive, otherwise we're gonna end up with another home defeat and a few less watching at the following home match. Rant over. Good night.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Forget Jason Garriity, even Jason Criump in his heyday wouldn't have made much difference. When are we gonna stop making excuses for some of Lykkes woeful performances, especially away from home? His gating is atrocious and he hugs that white line like its his best friend.

Silver is on record as saying he doesn't look at a riders average when building a team, just picks the best seven riders available. Bullsh*t!. Simon Lambert, really? Just tell the truth and say he was the best you could afford within the budget available. You'd get far more credit for that rather than just bullsh*tting the fans with a load of old pony and flim flam. You can tell he used to be a used car salesman. Trying to pass off and old banger as a Rolls Royce. Well it don't wash with me and while the crowds continue to dwindle he'll be left with a virtually empty stadium and only memories of a side that used to challenge for trophies, not put up a performance like we saw at Somerset,

Hopefully the side will get a kick up the arse before on form Plymouth arrive, otherwise we're gonna end up with another home defeat and a few less watching at the following home match. Rant over. Good night.

I feel sorry for Shadders and the other Rockets fans who made the trip up to the Oaktree Arena to watch this mismatch. It was my first foray into Premier League racing (I'm a Swindon fan but we only seem to average one home meeting a month these days!) and I was somewhat disappointed to say the least. Only Anders Mellgren put up any sustained resistance; Allen woke up towards the end whilst Bunyan looked good in his first 2 rides only to fade badly. The other 4 were a disgrace managing just 6 points between them. Having seen Jason Garrity's gutsy performance in the in the British final he must be a big loss especially if the inept Robert Mear is his replacement.

I guess the Rebels fans won't be complaining too much but i don't think one sided matches like this are good for the sport in the long run.

even with Doyley feeling 'it' the Rockets were a complete embaressment

What was up with him?

Edited by Shadders

What was up with him?

In his interview he said he had been feeling under the weather this week and a recent busy schedule had taken its toll by the time last night came around.

I heard from various people before the meeting too he picked up an injury earlier in the week riding somewhere, but he didn't mention that in his interview.

In his interview he said he had been feeling under the weather this week and a recent busy schedule had taken its toll by the time last night came around.

I heard from various people before the meeting too he picked up an injury earlier in the week riding somewhere, but he didn't mention that in his interview.

sure i read on twitter that he broke a finger??

Thought we'd lose but this takes the biscuit. I can understand Lykke still finding his feet and Simon coming back from injury to a certain extent but Nelson is much better than 0 points. 3 points for Elite League rider Robert Mear... that was a woeful performance. We've missed Jason Garrity's balls to the wall performances and the sooner he is back the better. The frustration on my part is that on paper we have a side capable of living with the likes of Somerset home and away.

I assume you're on a wind up!

This Rye team was always a mid to bottom of the table side after Silver didn't get Garrity in at reserve.

Somerset are a club that looks to have a bit of ambition and have put decent sides together the last few years. If only Silver had that sort of ambition. This Somerset side is miles better than the rubbish Rye have to offer.

I assume you're on a wind up!

This Rye team was always a mid to bottom of the table side after Silver didn't get Garrity in at reserve.

Somerset are a club that looks to have a bit of ambition and have put decent sides together the last few years. If only Silver had that sort of ambition. This Somerset side is miles better than the rubbish Rye have to offer.

Not at all, when all 7 are on form we are a very good side.

Agree re the ambition though, Garrity should have started at reserve. The reserves have looked very suspect recently.

Get Mear out and Roynon in then bring Garrity back in for Lambert when fit. Leaves Garrity at reserve.

Rye House were an ambitious club once. Tai, Roynon, Danny King, all good up and coming young British riders who were going places. Crowds were twice what they are now. People have deserted in their droves. Can't all be down to the economy. Once you lose them and they get out of the routine of showing up every week it's very hard to get em back. I'd have seen dozens of Rye fans at Somerset as recently as 3 or 4 years back. Last night I only saw one bloke standing on front of me on the back straight. There may have been a few more, but they were pretty anonomous.

I have it on good authority that Rye House are good payers, the riders are well looked after, so attracting good ones shouldn't be a problem. The crowd at Somerset wasn't that much more than the regular Rye crowd and they charge a couple of quid less on admission. They can afford the likes of Doyle, Morris and Grajczonek, who won't come cheap.

As you and other have said, every effort should've been made to get Garrity at reserve. That could've been the difference between a top 4 place and a side destined to struggle in the lower reaches of the league. The KO Cup now becomes paramount. Of and when we're out of that the season is dead.

Rye House were an ambitious club once. Tai, Roynon, Danny King, all good up and coming young British riders who were going places. Crowds were twice what they are now. People have deserted in their droves. Can't all be down to the economy. Once you lose them and they get out of the routine of showing up every week it's very hard to get em back. I'd have seen dozens of Rye fans at Somerset as recently as 3 or 4 years back. Last night I only saw one bloke standing on front of me on the back straight. There may have been a few more, but they were pretty anonomous.

I have it on good authority that Rye House are good payers, the riders are well looked after, so attracting good ones shouldn't be a problem. The crowd at Somerset wasn't that much more than the regular Rye crowd and they charge a couple of quid less on admission. They can afford the likes of Doyle, Morris and Grajczonek, who won't come cheap.

As you and other have said, every effort should've been made to get Garrity at reserve. That could've been the difference between a top 4 place and a side destined to struggle in the lower reaches of the league. The KO Cup now becomes paramount. If and when we're out of that the season is dead.

Edited by Shadders

Naijer, when you gonna start the thread for Tuesdays Sky meeting. after all, your the voice of Somerset!! :lol:

Naijer, when you gonna start the thread for Tuesdays Sky meeting. after all, your the voice of Somerset!! :lol:

Thank you for your kind words and nice to know you hold me in such high regard - shame the feeling isn't mutual eh?