British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Air Fences

I like the way they are calling it 'a donation.' I always thought that 'a donation,' was optional. :blink:

Judging by the feedback I've seen so far I think a few will be taking the option not to pay the £15 part too.

Depends if they are male jelly babies or female ones.

i would expect the male jelly babies to be very hard in certain areas, but no good in cold weather. the female jelly babies would already have a couple of built in air bags. but the female jelly babies can be unreliable at least once a month and most probably not worth the risk. may the solution is wine gums as they are not s3xed in any way and they wont throw a strop at all..

Judging by the feedback I've seen so far I think a few will be taking the option not to pay the £15 part too.

That was kind of my point.

Newcastle are due down there in July (25th I think), and, to be honest, I might have to consider whether I come down for it, or not, simply on principle.

I, personally, wouldn't have minded if, say, there was a 'Fence Fund' bucket as you walked in, then you could decide for yourself if you wanted to donate.

Having to donate (and before anyone says it, I know it hits the home fans more), to me, isn't the way to go about it.

• Like 2

That was kind of my point.

Newcastle are due down there in July (25th I think), and, to be honest, I might have to consider whether I come down for it, or not, simply on principle.

I, personally, wouldn't have minded if, say, there was a 'Fence Fund' bucket as you walked in, then you could decide for yourself if you wanted to donate.

Having to donate (and before anyone says it, I know it hits the home fans more), to me, isn't the way to go about it.

I knew what your point was and I think most supporters (particularly Redcar fans who it affects most) would agree.

Sadly we had no say in the decision - we can only decide if we choose to pay it or not by going or not going.

It could easily backfire on the club.

Would it not make more sense for the premier league to buy say 6 or 7 air fences for the whole league and share them? As apose to 13 teams having to fork out money for one each. Obviously Thursday, Friday and Saturday are the busy days in the premier surely they could share them or would this not be allowed? Then again whenever have promoters worked together for the good of our sport lol

From what I've heard, polyfoam fences are initially more expensive, but cheaper to maintain. A better investment methinks. I bet Colin Meredith is rubbing his hands together now...

Whilst Colin Meredith designed the barrier systems he is not the manufacturer and as such only gets expenses paid for his input, e.g. travelling expenses measuring the tracks and doing the first installation. Thankfully with more competition on the market for APD's the cost of the air barriers have actually come down in price.

I knew what your point was and I think most supporters (particularly Redcar fans who it affects most) would agree.

Sadly we had no say in the decision - we can only decide if we choose to pay it or not by going or not going.

It could easily backfire on the club.

99% of the Redcar fans who attended their meeting in their "club house" put their hands up in agreement with a £1 increase to the admission

• Like 1

99% of the Redcar fans who attended their meeting in their "club house" put their hands up in agreement with a £1 increase to the admission

So there you go The Abbott 99% of the Redcar supporters voted for you to pay a "Donation" towards the safety fence , no need to stay away on principal now :lol:

Sittingbourne Rockets anyone?

That has been my thinking for some time. There's more than a little cosiness between the two tracks as I see things. But I have been known on many occasions to be wrong!

But this is the wrong place on the forum for a fuller debate on these thoughts.

Edited by Guest

So there you go The Abbott 99% of the Redcar supporters voted for you to pay a "Donation" towards the safety fence , no need to stay away on principal now :lol:

And each person that doesn't bother to go, has voted 100% with their feet.

Edited by pvm
  • Like 1

How many fans were there? 10% of the usual Thursday attendance? 20%, 30% 100%????? Not only did they voted for me to pay a "Donation" (for the two or three times I might have gone to the STMP for the rest of the season), but also for the Bears fans who weren't (for whatever reason) there.

Was the fact they were going to have a fans vote announced before the meeting? If not, perhaps, a few more fans might have been there to vote against the idea. They certainly have a chance to vote against it for the rest of the season, as Yearbyred has already hinted at.

I still believe there are better ways of raising the money.

Incorrect.

And each person that doesn't bother to go, has voted 100% with their feet.

Well it's rare your there anyway so stop bitching and moaning. It's the hardcore who are going to suffer not the part timers

Well it's rare your there anyway so stop bitching and moaning. It's the hardcore who are going to suffer not the part timers

And that stupid comment is based on what exactly??

Since Redcar started, You've missed more home meetings than I have, I might be many things, but a part-timer I'm not.

With stupid comments and opinions like that like the one above, I could be persuaded not only become a part-timer, but a non-go'er, and leave Redcar to the self proclaimed "hard-core".

Edited by pvm
  • Like 1

An excellent piece of PR from the guru of speedway promotion once again: just at the time of year when everyone else is attempting to bring in fans over the school holidays with "kid for a quid" deals, The Wrinkled One prises another shiny 50p out of their sticky little hands.

If its a "donation", I assume there'll be fully published details of where the cash will go, once - I mean if - the air fence fails to materialise.