Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LeapingLena

Round 2 Of The Northern Open Championship At Newcastle

I,ll get them for you along with last nights details from Edinburgh from the organiser at Workington tonight and post them here shortly.

Nobody seems to be taking this league or its competitions seriously when it comes to publishing scorers and heat details.

The Midland Development League provide a superb service for people wanting to keep their own personal records, but sadly those resposible for the Northern Junior League are making no effort whatsoever.

Apart from supporters wanting to know what's going on, it must surely be nice for the riders concerned to see their names in print.

With this sort of attitude, it's little wonder that the general public make for the exit doors prior to these meetings starting. Such a shame!!

Here's. a run down of the NJL Grand Prix rounds that have taken place so far....

Workington...T.SIke (wild card) 12, L.Crang. 10,D.Phillips 8, R.Mcdonald 4,T.Fenwick 4, L.Ruddick 2

Newcastle...LCarr 12, R.Shuttleworth 7, H.Simms (wild card) 7, K.Keay 2, J.Macphail 0 , A.Wilson 0

Edinburgh...J.Mcbain 12, D.Phillips 11, L.Ruddick 7, K.Keay 5, R.Shuttleworth 3, J.Culbert 2

In the League, Workington were beaten at home on Saturday by Redcar Cubs 18-6

Scorers, Workington R.Shuttleworth 7, S.Farnaby 1, L.Ruddick 0 (injured).

for Redcar.................D.Phillips 9 (max), K.Keay 5&1, G.Picken 2&1

I will endeavour to get heat results but please, can the detractors of the NJL ,remember that it is being run by a young man who holds down a full time job, has a young family and spends all his spare time speaking to riders and promoters in an effort to get youngsters the opportunity the ride in competitive competitions at numerous tracks.He is doing a fantastic job.

As for the riders, they are just happy to ride!....if their name appears anywhere then that is just a bonus.

As for the crowds!....the one,s I have spoken too have loved it so far.

If anyone who was at these meetings can help me with heat details, please contact me.Some of us are too busy in the pits to complete a programme but I appreciate that our 'media' side could be better and I will attempt to improve that situation.

Here's. a run down of the NJL Grand Prix rounds that have taken place so far....

Workington...T.SIke (wild card) 12, L.Crang. 10,D.Phillips 8, R.Mcdonald 4,T.Fenwick 4, L.Ruddick 2

Newcastle...LCarr 12, R.Shuttleworth 7, H.Simms (wild card) 7, K.Keay 2, J.Macphail 0 , A.Wilson 0

Edinburgh...J.Mcbain 12, D.Phillips 11, L.Ruddick 7, K.Keay 5, R.Shuttleworth 3, J.Culbert 2

I will endeavour to get heat results but please, can the detractors of the NJL ,remember that it is being run by a young man who holds down a full time job, has a young family and spends all his spare time speaking to riders and promoters in an effort to get youngsters the opportunity the ride in competitive competitions at numerous tracks.He is doing a fantastic job.

As for the riders, they are just happy to ride!....if their name appears anywhere then that is just a bonus.

If anyone who was at these meetings can help me with heat details, please contact me.Some of us are too busy in the pits to complete a programme but I appreciate that our 'media' side could be better and I will attempt to improve that situation.

You've just answered my question from another topic, so thanks once again.

Regards

Mike

Can you confirm that Daniel Phillips didn't ride in the Newcastle round, as I was led to believe that he had, although my source isn't particularly reliable all the time.

Thanks once again

Mike

Oops! Dan did ride at Newcastle and scored 7 pts....my error, should put my glasses on before typing...sorry!

No probs Veterancub, you did a great job with those results, thanks once again.