British Speedway Forum
Starman2006

Somerset Cases Rebels V Edinburgh 11/06

Really enjoyed last nights meeting,another good one for the PL,fair play to Sky for showing them to

I like Rosco but a poor commentator ,as for Charlie Webster..she is getting worse!!!!

Good racing,good track,close score....perfect

• Like 1

Put Somerset in the EL and meetings at the OTA would be just as good. It's the track responsible for the racing rather than the league.

used to attend sheffield in the early nineties, even though a bv fan, as the racing was fantastic..

in the main we used to think it was due to the great track shape..

one week they held an individual meeting with many EL world class riders.....

Hans Neilsen I seem to remember went thru the card with a fifteen max and the racing was garbage with most races being won by thirty metres or so..

the track was the same, it was the calibre of rider that meant races were processional

on any track, get 14 riders of similar ability and you have more chance of close racing..

throw in a great race track and you have everything you need for a proper nights entertainment...

Put Somerset in the EL and meetings at the OTA would be just as good. It's the track responsible for the racing rather than the league.

Said it before and will say it again : it is the track that makes the quality of the meeting, not the standard of rider on it.

Great meeting, great racing :) Can't all SKY matches take place there ................ so that's the answer to british speedway, change your track to make it like Somerset!! ha

I think its more about the effort that promotions put in. I'd say Somerset is a good racing track, but Berwick isn't.

Because the Berwick promotion pulled out all the stops, we saw it at its very best and there's no reason why others can't do the same.

There was hardly any dirt the track was slick .

Givemn the fact that everyone has said how good it was, does that matter ?

Sky do love a bit of Somerset, how many times is that now? Come on give some of the others a chance.

I can't disagree but the best reward you can give a track for putting on a good show is to let them have another Sky meeting. Drop those who can't be bothered and give those who can more air time.

Mildenhall v Isle of Wight next time, please.

You need to get your ears and eyes tested ...Did you not hear what the riders were saying about the track ? no doubt you know better than them ?

Were you watching the same meeting? the entertainment level was decent anough for me,back now to the dying EL guests R/R and double uppers missing!!

Fantastic meeting, some great racing from both teams, but well done Monarchs on pulling back those 8 points and taking the win.

Follow that Poole!

they won't.....

It;'s not moaning. It's just pointing out some dont know their arse from their elbow. It was slick. It certainly wasn't grippy and didn't have laods of dirt. But it was still a good meeting, proving that people dont have a clue when they say you need grip and dirt for a good meeting. You need a decent, smooth and consistent track with various lines.

It's some sort of myth you need grip for good racing, invariably grip = rubbish racing as the riders dont have the confidence due to not know what they or the other riders are going to be doing in two second time as the grip throws them around.

Spot on ..it's amazing even when pro riders who ride the track every week tell people the track is slick you still get expects on here telling them there wrong, unreal .. Always been a myth that you need lots of dirt on a track to make good racing

Have noticed is Cook getting a reputation as being a bit of a roller at the start? apparently got away with murder in the Brum v Belle Vue match.

• Like 2

What an excellant nights speedway entertainment. All credit to Somerset adn Edinburgh. One thing I find amazing is. After a nights racing like we witnessed that people would want to come on here and talk about stuff like this rider rolling etc. What do some people want ? Call yourself speedway fans, seems like even after seeing a great meeting that had the lot, that a few would like to pick out any negatives they could find.

Come on guys, get a grip.

• Like 1

On the replays on Sky, Grajczonek's dirt deflector clearly brushes into Sneddon's front wheel, instead of holding his line, so ref called it correctly :approve:

Agree with ht 15 decision also as Grajczonek & Tabaka both went for same part of the track exiting bend 2, and Josh got there first and the onus was on Jozsef to back off.

Great match, great comeback from Monarchs, great prospect in Max Fricke, and great overtake by Cook on Doyle in ht 15 re-run, to secure three match points for the Mighty Monarchs :t:

Tabaka hit Nielsen much harder in heat 14 but Nielsen stayed on. Maybe he should have slid off and tried to get a fellow racer excluded.

I stand by my opinion that Sneddon gambled and won this time.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed last night's meeting and good to see the monarchs flying the flag for Scottish Speedway proving again that they will be there when the silverware is being handed out at the end of the season.

I have noticed at least five posters on here having a go at Craig Cook re alleged rolling at the start. Nothing about what a great meeting this was with some of them just having a go at Cookie, and quoting biased Birmingham reports.

What is wrong with you, here we have a British rider on the way up, and as usual some fans try and drag them down, we have few enough young British riders on the way up as it is, so get behind them, instead of knocking them every chance you get.

Last night, great track, great competative racing, with evenly matched teams, congratulations to all concerned.

• Like 3

In my opinion the referee got the heat 15 call right as Tabaka was certainly not in front of Josh as he thought he was when he collided with him. Heat 11, well what did Josh do wrong other than race? Sneddon rolled the dice took a dive and won. That call was the turning point for me. You win some you lose some so Well Done to the Monarchs on getting the win.

I was right in line with the Grajczonek/Sneddon incident and thought the ref got it absolutely spot on 2 counts... Firstly his dirt deflector went into Deeks front wheel and unbalanced him and secondly, Grajczonek ran him wider and wider until he had nowhere to go... There's hard racing and not leaving anyone anywhere to go... Was certainly the turning point of the match and the ref called it right.

Can't comment on Tabaka/Grajzconek in Heat 15 as I was watching Cook/Doyle up front!

Another cracking PL meeting - well on a par with the last one at Berwick.

Well done to all concerned.

Just one question, when do we get to see the next PL meeting?

Was it really just on a par with Berwick??

So Louis, Doyle and Davies says it slick. Starman says there was plenty of dirt. I'll let people decide who they wish to believe.

Wouldn't say there was plenty of dirt on the track, but there was just enough to provide the entertainment everyone saw...

Spot on ..it's amazing even when pro riders who ride the track every week tell people the track is slick you still get expects on here telling them there wrong, unreal .. Always been a myth that you need lots of dirt on a track to make good racing

Erm... Doyle and Davies wouldn't happen to be home riders that weere on the wrong end of the result last night, would they? :icon_smile_clown:

When Sky renew the contract next year, they want to go for weekly Premier League and just the occasional EL meeting at Peterborough or King's Lynn. No need to go to Lakeside, Eastbourne or Belle Vue....

All the best

Rob

Completely agree Rob

• Like 1

Great Entertainment, PL Speedway is a great product.... :D

Really enjoyed last nights meeting.... So much better than Elite League speedway bore...

On saturday watched Rye House 44 Plymouth 46

and then this last night Zomerset 44 Edinburgh 46

Close close meeting with plenty of racing!!!

Sky should defo plump for PL speedway in 2014... ;)

• Like 2