Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Starman2006

Somerset Cases Rebels V Edinburgh 11/06

After many years telling people, that speedway is growing poorer value for money than the year before, and in turn being told to go and watch something else and not post any more comments on these forums, I proudly state “I Told You.”

For those that can’t tell the difference, last night’s match between Somerset and Edinburgh is what will keep present fans, introduce new ones, and even see old moxey try and peep a look at his nearest stadium.

There was no need for the Golden Clown ploy; every rider seemed hell bent on spilling blood as if it were a GP on a Saturday evening.

Well done lads, can’t wait for the next Premier League match.

However, I suppose I’ll have to sit through two hours tonight asking myself if yesterday eve was just a blip.

One final word – last night, and the danger of speedway providing such entertainment, well, that’s why old-time fans like OldAce and me still stay in touch.

We know there’s something there, and we both feel vindicated after having seen the events of last night – the best speedway match I’ve seen in a long time.

• Like 6

Finally good to see a decent televised meeting.I was afraid when Authur Sissis went road racing we had missed the next Darcy Ward but in Max Fricke I think he will step up as the next big thing for Australia, hopefully he can be included in the Under 21 World cup final. Junior

Well that was the best meeting I have witnessed on Sky for a long while and yet again its premier league, if this happens to be the quality of racing you guys in the PL are experiencing I will stop going to Poole and start coming to Somerset.

• Like 3

As a neutral I really enjoyed last nights meeting.A superb advert for speedway.Well done to all the riders involved.Hope tonights will be as good.

Well that was the best meeting I have witnessed on Sky for a long while and yet again its premier league, if this happens to be the quality of racing you guys in the PL are experiencing I will stop going to Poole and start coming to Somerset.

Suggest you start next week, Tues v Workington

• Like 1

A great meeting, done the PL proud :approve: . Rosco is a nice guy but no good commentating talks rubbish and very biased, last night he was a Somerset fan :rolleyes: , would have loved to have seen Doyles face after heat 15, :wink::D

• Like 2

OK, So Deek went down quicker than a whores drawers on a busy night and Cookie may have rolled at the start!!!! Who cares???, from watching on TV I saw one of the best meetings ever on Sky, and those visiting for the first time and seeing that will surely be back for more. I think that even if a rider rolls slightly but doesn't touch the tapes he should be allowed to carry on and not get excluded or warned, 50% of the time it will pay off and the other 50% it won't.

Edinburgh were fantastic last night and it's a delight to see Cookie doing well, wish a few more English riders had the guts and ability that he has.

Both teams done the PL proud.

• Like 4

f

Did you watch mate, that is why Sky like to come to the OTA,brilliant exciting match which had everything.Good effort by the monarchs to sneak the win. Nick and Josh both had off nights and I`m afraid Tom is beginning to worry me a bit now.For the Monarchs good all round effort which you need in an away fixture when the home side are not firing on all cylinders.Cookie was great in heat 15, not many get past Doyley once he is in front,

No I don't have sky, I was just stating that sky love your track but maybe others should have a chance also, where is the harm in that? Never did I say it was boring or anything like that.

OK, So Deek went down quicker than a whores drawers on a busy night and Cookie may have rolled at the start!!!! Who cares???, from watching on TV I saw one of the best meetings ever on Sky, and those visiting for the first time and seeing that will surely be back for more. I think that even if a rider rolls slightly but doesn't touch the tapes he should be allowed to carry on and not get excluded or warned, 50% of the time it will pay off and the other 50% it won't.

Edinburgh were fantastic last night and it's a delight to see Cookie doing well, wish a few more English riders had the guts and ability that he has.

Both teams done the PL proud.

Good post, I don't understand the rolling thing, the test must be "did the tapes break". I'm still learning what the rules are about these days after a long break from speedway. When I rode in the 70's we touched the tapes hence a lot of broken tapes and delays. The racing last night was great and long may that continue!

• Like 1

As already stated numerous times elsewhere, a great meeting with some great racing and a great advert for the PL - unless you're a Rebels fan! Edinburgh look a very strong side ( how did they manage to lose at home to Redcar?? ) and with either Fricke, Tabaka or even Sneddon at reserve all season, they are going to be a serious contender for honours.

As for the Rebels, some cracks are beginning to appear. The huge win at Scunny showed just what this team can do, but there's too much inconsistency.

Jason - Couldn't really ask for more from him, though does seem to have lost that invincibility he had earlier in the season, maybe through slight injury or fatigue.

Kyle - Doing what's expected from the tricky no.2 position, except disaster at Redcar.

Nick - Bit off the pace last night, but just returning from broken collarbone so understandable.

Alex - Seems to be really kicking on from last year, both home and away.

Josh - Poor meeting at Redcar (feeling unwell apparently), but otherwise exceeding expectations.

Stefan - Impressed. Mixing it well with the big boys. Bit impetuous, but will learn quickly.

Tom - A real worry. Not moved forward since last year.

I don't believe there is anyone available that could improve the potential of this Rebels team - Tom could be the only one under threat, but from whom? - it's just a matter of finding more consistency and maybe more inspiration from the management. Gary seems a lovely guy, but he ain't no SAF!

Edited by Barney Rebel

Suggest you start next week, Tues v Workington

I see you are an Exeter fan do you attend Somerset now?

Finally good to see a decent televised meeting.I was afraid when Authur Sissis went road racing we had missed the next Darcy Ward but in Max Fricke I think he will step up as the next big thing for Australia, hopefully he can be included in the Under 21 World cup final. Junior

And Poole? :P

Great meeting only spoiled by Rosco.

Edited by pugwash

I see you are an Exeter fan do you attend Somerset now?

Yes Eversince Exeter Closed i have traveled up to the OTA from Exmouth every week.

Yes its a great little track so many racing lines and great meetings.And well run by the Hancocks and every one else.

Come and experience it you will enjoy it

Edited by idh
  • Like 1

Splendid meeting and confirms that with full seven man teams the Monarchs look (slightly) the strongest in the league.

Can't wait for the cup matches with the Diamonds over the weekend.

Splendid meeting and confirms that with full seven man teams the Monarchs look (slightly) the strongest in the league.

Can't wait for the cup matches with the Diamonds over the weekend.

Vissing is a bit of a weak link at the moment was expecting him to be scoring more .If he hits form the Monarchs will take some stopping. Fricke is a star of the future without doubt has class and intelligent with riding ,everything in control.