British Speedway Forum
bri1966

Who Should Be In Gb World Cup Team?

GB are not going to win the World Cup for some time now .So should we be really radicle and go with youth. Tia woffinden Craig Cook, Richie Worrall, with Chris Harris at Kings Lynn?

GB are not going to win the World Cup for some time now .So should we be really radicle and go with youth. Tia woffinden Craig Cook, Richie Worrall, with Chris Harris at Kings Lynn?

Why bother with Harris? That's not going with youth.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

If you're not using Harris, you can't use Barker. It's Auty if you're hoping for the future (but I think it's futile - he'll never been more than a 6 point EL rider) or King on current form.

Woffy dead cert if he's fit. Worrall and Cook have earnt a place. Then the last place is either Bombers, King or Bridger on current form.

If Kennett is in I'm not going.

Woffy dead cert if he's fit. Worrall and Cook have earnt a place. Then the last place is either Bombers, King or Bridger on current form.

If Kennett is in I'm not going.

Did not Harris say that if he didn't get a GP wild card, he would not ride in the SWC?

bomber.

l bridger

tai

rory schlien

res richie worrel at kings lynn

bomber.

l bridger

tai

rory schlien

res richie worrel at kings lynn

Rory Schlein??? He's an Aussie!

I think I'd go for:

Woffinden (automatic selection if fit)

Barker (raises his game for big meetings; did very well in the World Cup last time around)

Worrall (recent 18-point max at KL)

Auty (impressed at Cardiff)

Not covinced how Cook would go around KL. Also he was given a big ocassion at Cardiff and blew it by two-wheeling around half a lap behind everyone else, while Auty dived in and mixed it and ended up beating Lindback.

All the best

Rob

He have also stated the he won't do anymore international duties,

Woofy (if fit)

Cook

Worrall

Bridger

lets just throw them in and see what happens would be the way I look at it.

I think we should go with a strong team at Kings Lynn so we can get stight into the final. I know harris is not on form at the mo but when it somes to World cup he seems to dig deep and get the result. I think Tai should be picked he has come on leaps. Barker always gives his best for his country and kennett.

Then when we go to the Final bring in Auty and Worrall and Cook if Cook want to ride for the UK.

I would then drop Harris and Kennett. So the team in the final would be

Tai, Auty, Worrall, Barker or Cook.

The reason for this with CZ being in the final will come last, sorry CZ but i dont think they will even get 3rd so at least UK will get 3rd and it will give the team a chance in the final and experiance what a final is like. If they had to go from the Thursday meeting i dont think they would stand a chance and there is a differant between the final and a race off.

when he first came over i think he rode on an acu licence and rode in conference league .scotish relatives??.

if he cant ride then craig cook

I don't understand the logic of dropping junior riders into the world cup to gain "experience".

If they want experience there are plenty of foreign leagues they could be riding in every night of the week instead of the relative comfort of the Premier League in Britain.

If Cook, Worrall and Auty have ambitions to represent their country and even ride in the GP series, then they should be doing the Polish and Swedish leagues on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Worrall and Cook are better riders than Kennett and Barker anyway. And PL averages aren't dissimilar. Everyone has it in their heads that riders like Kennett, Barker, King and Bridger are a lot better than Cook and Worrall. They're not!

• Like 1