British Speedway Forum
bri1966

Who Should Be In Gb World Cup Team?

A post a couple if pages back suggested GB can win the race off. I have to say i agree. Australia without Holder makes them so much more weaker, Russia with Emil and possibly the Laguta brothers missing and Sweden with an injury crisis. Although we would like to see GB get through against the other nations at full strength i will certainly be happy to see us in the final.

I'm a Edinburgh fan and I would rather have Cook

1.) better rider home and away 2.) (and this is the most important one) he actually turns up!!!!

Cook also has a higher EL and PL average than THJ

Also regarding your comment about not generating speed, he broke to track records at the weekend one at Edinburgh on Friday by 0.2 seconds and then at Glasgow on Sunday by a whole second if that is not having speed not to sure what is.

Another comment you made was he he can't pass top rider read below.

Heat 09: Cook, Batchelor, Nieminen, Birks. (4-2)...25-29...59.8

Line Up: Cook, Nieminen, Batchelor, Birks

Comments: Batchelor leading until Cookie wound on the gas and sailed by.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/12493/belle-vue-swindon-2013-30pm#ixzz2YbteyWpr

I would continue but there is really no point as your talking crap!!!

Game, set and match!

Edited by woz01

Kings about 28 now and Bridger is so far ahead of Auty it's unreal. As good as Barker he's does well through grit and determination, he's not a natural. Lewis eclipses Ben in the talent stakes but Lewis doesn't have half the commitment of Ben. If Lewis wants it he can still be a GP rider, Barker and Auty won't ever be GP riders IMO.

I respect your opinion SCB but a GP rider are you for real? certain riders mature at different stages so it will be interesting.Auty to me looked on the pace in his ride at Cardiff Bridger better no chance.Both have loads of catching up to do and that's not forgetting Ellis and young Lambert( could be anything?) sniffing around.King,Barker,Auty,Bridger, all have there supporters is there much difference? add Kennett and Worrall( who i rate) personal preference decides for the individual as there ain't much in it. Edited by sidney

I respect your opinion SCB but a GP rider are you for real? certain riders mature at different stages so it will be interesting.Auty to me looked on the pace in his ride at Cardiff Bridger better no chance.Both have loads of catching up to do and that's not forgetting Ellis and young Lambert( could be anything?) sniffing around.King,Barker,Auty,Bridger, all have there supporters is there much difference? add Kennett and Worrall( who i rate) personal preference decides for the individual as there ain't much in it.

Auty is a level below King Barker and Bridger

• Like 1

Got to agree with gavan as much as it pains me to say it

Really think Barker should have been in the team, hes been in great form for the Brummies and Ipswich of late after a slow start to the season.

I watched him tonight and he was absolutely fantastic, one of the best performances I seen him give and only 50/50 going into the match. Awesome

Edited by Brummie Kev

Got to agree with gavan as much as it pains me to say it

Everyone has an opinion Pinny that's what it is all about,we will see in the next 3 to 5 years.It will be interesting praying that Lambert is the real deal,myself Michael Lee at aged 16 beat the likes of Wilson and Briggs is by far the best 16 year old i have seen and that includes Ward.

How can Middlo justify Kennets inclusion on current form? Couldnt even dominate at PL level and now struggles to score worthwhile points in the EL. But then Middlo comes out on twitter and says next year he'll put the team selection to a vote to keep everyone happy. Im sorry but as manager he should of picked the team on current form and not his love of Eddie Kennet. Pathetic decisions and Kennet should be replaced now!

• Like 1

Hilarious comments from Middlo on twitter. I think he knows hes made a complete balls up, but Kennett will beat half of the Swedes and Americans so will end up looking good anyway. Bridger over Barker for me as well.

How can Middlo justify Kennets inclusion on current form? Couldnt even dominate at PL level and now struggles to score worthwhile points in the EL. But then Middlo comes out on twitter and says next year he'll put the team selection to a vote to keep everyone happy. Im sorry but as manager he should of picked the team on current form and not his love of Eddie Kennet. Pathetic decisions and Kennet should be replaced now!

Middlo also said on Twitter that "hos hands are tied for King's Lynn Monday".

Middlo also said on Twitter that "hos hands are tied for King's Lynn Monday".

So that's basically admitting that he's picked a poor team and is now stuck with it, then

• Like 1

So that's basically admitting that he's picked a poor team and is now stuck with it, then

Looks like it. :sad: :sad:

Middlo also said on Twitter that "his hands are tied for King's Lynn Monday".

This is usually a term reserved for when one has been forced into something by others.

In this case Middleditch tied his own hands.

Didnt someone post that for the 1st 2 rounds teams had to be announced 2 weeks before and couldnt be changed unless due to injury.Does this mean the Laguta brothers will get bans for refusing to ride.Also today i only fliced through the star and the Poles haven't decided on the 4th rider though that could be for the next round due to my poor speedreading.

Why no reserves if you get a rider injured and unable to continue unless you are very lucky you aint going to win.

Worst case scenario heat 1 in the final a couple of reruns due to crashes all 4 riders are injured and unable to continue it could end up a very long night as i'm sure FIM rules state a race cannot be awarded.