British Speedway Forum

Was pleasantly surprised to see Backtrack on sale in WH Smiths in Huddersfield today!

Good luck with that - hope it sells out!

Great News that. :t::approve:

So does that mean all WHSmiths will be stocking it???

So does that mean all WHSmiths will be stocking it???

Better off getting it on Subscription - cheaper as well. :t:

................................ and a GREAT read too. :t::approve: :approve:

Got mine in Smiths Swindon a great read as usual terrific value, i need to order a few back additions.

We're obviously pleased that WHS have agreed to take Backtrack on a trial basis, initially displaying it in 100 of their branches throughout the UK. It's a good opportunity to try and reach potential new readers who didn't know that we've been around for more than nine years and 56 issues!

As White Knight quite rightly points out, though, it still works out cheaper (you effectively get one issue free) by taking out a subscription, which in the UK is £20.

I appreciate that not everyone can easily afford to buy a yearly subscription. But even the cost of a one-off issue bought direct from us (£4.00 P&P free)works out the same as buying it from WHS or at one of the tracks.

What many people do not seem to realise is that publishers (such as ourselves at Retro Speedway and Pinegen, who produce Speedway Star) have to surrender somewhere between 45-50% of the cover price to retailers like WHS for the privilege of being in their shops. So whilst we obviously welcome what WHS are doing for us, a subscription is worth around twice as much to us as a copy sold through a retail outlet. And, ultimately, that is a very important point.

Edited by tmc

I would just like to add that it is GREAT waiting for 'BackTrack' and 'Classic Speedway' dropping through the letterbox. They are BOTH great reads. :t::approve: :approve:

These Magazines take me back to happier times - for that I am grateful. Keep up the good work Retro Speedway. :t:

Found a copy of this in Exeter today will be placing a subscription for this great mag

Thanks, Colin.

Good to hear that copies are on the shelves and out there . . . and that you've been tempted by a subscription.

Got mine in Smiths Swindon a great read as usual terrific value, i need to order a few back additions.

What like from the early 50's to check out some of the first meetings you went to....... :rofl:

What like from the early 50's to check out some of the first meetings you went to....... :rofl:

No need for that mucker! anyway you are older than me didn't you go to Stan Matthews first match great player Stanley.!!

No need for that mucker! anyway you are older than me didn't you go to Stan Matthews first match great player Stanley.!!

Who did he ride for sidney?? :wink:

Who did he ride for sidney?? :wink:

Good one WK ! Ken Matthews is the only Matthews i think i have seen on a speedway bike did you see or remember anyone else WK?
  • Like 1

Good one WK ! Ken Matthews is the only Matthews i think i have seen on a speedway bike did you see or remember anyone else WK?

Neither can I sidney. I was just being quirky. :wink::) :)