British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Andre Compton Joins Glasgow

Moggo signed on 11 and averaged 7. If Andre dies the same he'll be about 4.

How did you work out these figures for Moggo,11 pt av doesn't seem right when he signed for Berwick.

Just looking down the updates from the match yesterday surely the tiggers 2nd signing will be Jonas Raun or Simon Nielsen .

Nielsen sponsors told me he got a personal invite to "come see how you get on at Ashfield" & they were very impressed how Simon dropped everything & got the next flight to the uk.

But by the looks of it he got outshone from his fellow dane Jonas Raun.

We have far more points to play with than they 2 though. If Compton comes in on his last average of 5.95 we have around 6.7 to play with and if that figuire is lowered due to him not being active we could bring a 7.00 Scandinavian over. Both Raun and Nielsen have averages between 3 and 4 as far as I can remember

If Andre dies

No he wont , dont be silly .

As people have said , apart from the font of all speedway knowledge above , Andre wont have to do that much to be better than James Wright . So there's not really much of a gamble as far as i can see .

However , is this the oldest heat leader trio ever assembled in PL history :P

Part of a clever ploy by the Glasgow management to gain extra sponsorship. The next annonucement will be deals with Stannar Stair Lifts, Bovril and several slipper companies. ;)

Seems to me if Compton is scoring 3 points a meeting, he'll be scoring more than Wright was.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

As people have said , apart from the font of all speedway knowledge above , Andre wont have to do that much to be better than James Wright . So there's not really much of a gamble as far as i can see .

And what's wrong with being auld Paul? ;)

Why is Horwood going home is it his injuries?

Why is Horwood going home is it his injuries?

I didn't go to the individual meeting yesterday , i don't really like them , so i never heard the announcement . But from what i can gather it's family reasons .

I didn't go to the individual meeting yesterday , i don't really like them , so i never heard the announcement . But from what i can gather it's family reasons .

thanks

Yeah he said he felt he needed to be back home with his parents during a hard time. Doesn't sound good unfortunately. Was there an announcement yesterday that a new rider would be named today? Must have missed that one myself if so

I think I heard they have a verbal agreement with a Scandinavian rider which has yet to be ratified. Welcome to the Stripes Andre and good luck.

So no word as to the promised Scandinavian rider today.....does that mean the deal has fallen through?

Not necessarily, if the mystery rider has signed it still needs to be ratified by the MC which could hold up any announcement.

Didn't Stoke used to sign the more experienced riders in their PL days?

Raun's average is around 5.70ish from his Newcastle days. Nielsen didnt look that good yesterday and would be a major surprise if he signs.

Edited by DW

Not necessarily, if the mystery rider has signed it still needs to be ratified by the MC which could hold up any announcement.

That's a fair point, but if that's the case, surely the Glasgow promotion were aware of that when they promised the announcement ?