British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

Joe Screen Retirement

Was hoping he would be tempted to ride for Bradford if it re-opens next year, being the only rider from the victorious 1997 team still riding, now that would have been a fitting end to a superb career. All the best Joe.

• Like 2

I have had the pleasure of watching Joe Screen race many many times over the last two plus decades and more often than not been in awe of his natural talent and pure entertainment, the only other person I have watched and felt the same about was Mark Loram. Both these guys in my opinion are two of the most gifted and most entertaining British speedway racers I have had the privilege to watch. LEGENDS !

• Like 4

Seems like only yesterday when I had the pleasure of witnessing a 16-yr old Joe Screen making his debut for Belle Vue. A debut that involved him winning his opening race in 62.2 (not a clue why but that race win stuck in memory and refuses to budge) and scoring a mightily impressive 10pts. Over the next few years his races were often worth the entrance money on their own. Absolutely breathtaking to watch him stalk an opponent for 3.5 laps before blasting round the outside and claiming a well deserved standing ovation.

Still can't believe so many years have snuck by since then and that Joe's retirement is nearing. All the best Joe and thanks for the memories!

• Like 1