British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Stick with Cook for Prague. King for me to get the 4th slot.

Edited by salty
  • Like 1

Come on then team GB fans, who do we take to the race-off?

1) Chris Harris

2) Tai Woffinden

3) Danny King

4)

Res.

Ok, so I have added Danny King, not convinced Bridger is the answer or even Ben Barker..... But is there another British rider even on same track as Harris and Woffey at rhe moment.......??

Has the Swedish Manager been missing Ljungs rides? Jonas on a joker, he is the joker.

He used Ljung as a tactical ride earlier on, therefore couldn't use him for the joker.

Ok, so I have added Danny King, not convinced Bridger is the answer or even Ben Barker..... But is there another British rider even on same track as Harris and Woffey at rhe moment.......??

If you mean Nicholls................... he has proved time and time again he is left wanting in the race offs. NO he isn't the answer.

Poor form choice by Middlo (what does he do at Poole if Matt Ford picks the team ?) in picking Kennett. Hasn't scored many points in recent weeks, hardly won a heat.

Cook struggled but a tough call to drop him given his potential

3rd / 4th rider a toss up between Bridger as he's scoring loads of points or Barker who will give it his all.

Edited by marky

I personally don't think Worrall is ready, blimey! British speedway really is in the doldrums at world level..

We could be yanks :cry:

• Like 1

To be fair to Middlo he is not exactly blessed with choices.

Only Bomber and Woffy can compete with the calibre of rider it takes to win a SWC.

Probably best to give 2 young lads a chance.

Worrall? Cook? Barker? Bridger?

Jesus christ. Picking Danny King is from the same batch as Eddie Kennett. Bottles any fighting battles. He's had his chance.

We need full on fighter's and from that prospective it can only be Bridger & Barker for the race-off

Bit pointless dropping Cook after tonight,so I`d go with him,Wuffy,Bomber and Nick Mallett,with Kevin Brown as team manager.... :P

• Like 2

Doubt Middlo / Morris will openly say they made an error by picking an out of form Kennett. But by dropping him is enough proof. I don't understand the selection process as riders like Barker Bridger and King are scoring far more than him in the Elite league.

feel sorry for Kennett as he would have been giving 100%

• Like 2

Hi all,

Just reading through this thread and felt strongly enough to register and post!

To me it is simple, GB aren't good enough to win the world cup this year, I think that is only 10 freak incidents in one night away from being fact. With that in mind I don't understand the support for riders like King, Bridger, Kennett who have all had their chance for a number of years at the top level and not really taken it, to me giving these riders the WC places is utterly pointless, literally.

I am dumbfounded that Ritchie Worrall has not been picked tonight, a rider who has proved this year that he can beat most riders, and on this track. Compared to Kennetts return even 5 points would have seen us run Denmark a lot closer.

It's simple, we aren't going to win it so give the youngsters the experience they need, Cook will come back a lot stronger for this experience and so would Worrall. It's time British speedway stopped living in the present with temporary measures and looked to the future.

• Like 3

Disgrace Kennett

Harsh. Kennett accepted the call up as most would have, and there is no sign that he has not given his best, you can't ask any more than that. Should he have got the call is a different question entirely but I think most observers foresaw this as a car crash waiting to happen given his form recently.

• Like 1

Australia must be looking forward to riding against the two man GB team.....