British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boobs

Glasgow V Edinburgh (7 July, Pl)

Well I'm going to stick my head above the water here and say I'm going for a Glasgow win of 49-41.

Andre will score double figures, and I can foresee Jonas getting his best score to date, and chip in with about 6-7. Wee Joe Jacobs will come out on top of the reserve battle, and we will see Henning dance at least twice tomorrow.

• Like 2

Will people go wont people go due to Murray in the final.

Another sad thing about tomorrow is the forecast for a warm sunny day which will no doubt end up in the Glasgow track throwing up huge amounts of dust!! Or have Glasgow finally got a better watering system now?

Edited by fred

Well I'm going to stick my head above the water here and say I'm going for a Glasgow win of 49-41.

Andre will score double figures, and I can foresee Jonas getting his best score to date, and chip in with about 6-7. Wee Joe Jacobs will come out on top of the reserve battle, and we will see Henning dance at least twice tomorrow.

i hope ur correct , burt i think this could be the biggest upset since david beat goliaith

Will people go wont people go due to Murry in the final.

Another sad thing about tomorrow is the forecast for a warm sunny day which will no doubt end up in the Glasgow track throwing up huge amounts of dust!! Or have Glasgow finally got a better watering system now?

Predictable " i'm a wee bit bored so i'll have a wee moan about Glasgow " post from Fred . All speedway tracks that are forced to race in the afternoon during hot weather get dusty . It's annoying , but it's just the nature of the beast .

Its a concern when even are own fan's are starting to rip the p**s and must be a worry to the promotion that we are a bit off a laughing stock at the moment and even the above statement by heat 12 show's how far we have declined

I predict the Monarchs by heat 9 :D

You know how it is Gaz, when you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

"We're rubbish and we know we are..."

You know how it is Gaz, when you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

"We're rubbish and we know we are..."

George finally speaks the truth ;)

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

This one could be tougher than some are indicating.

Good luck to the Salt and Sauce mob.

Stay safe.

George finally speaks the truth ;)

Its only us that are allowed to say were rubbish though no interlopers on here pitching there tuppence worth ;)

This one could be tougher than some are indicating.

Good luck to the Salt and Sauce mob.

Stay safe.

Think the track walk in this heat may be tougher for the Monarchs than the actual meeting itself. :D

• Like 1

Will people go wont people go due to Murry in the final.

whos murry and what final ???

whos murry and what final ???

Murry Wilson was the Beach Boys manager - maybe Fred's looking for their final single? :lol:

42-48 is not the worst it could have been however even with Glasgow chucking away points with Screen in ht 1, though cancelled out by Vissing in ht15 and Raun gifting the Monarchs a 5-1 in ht8 they were always going to be winners. Despite Mitchell Davey failing to score, Glasgow's reserve's only scored in ht2 then registered 7 last places, something you cannot do at home and expect to win. Fricke was pretty decent all afternoon especially coming off the inside line and Cook was in a league of his own. Bager had his best meeting for Glasgow whilst Raun looked pretty poor. With no home match for 3 weeks I do wonder how he will manage to improve. Friday night at Armadale will be a slaughter.

Firstly well done to Edinburgh in a competent display and if not for Vissing making a complete hash in Ht 15 it would have been 4 rather than 3pts , we have now went 13 meeting's without a win and to be honest i really cannot see were another one is going to come from with this team all in all i am witnessing the poorest Glasgow team in an awful long time in saying that at least we were more competitive today but never looked like winning.

It really is a difficult decision the promotion now face do they stick or twist , stick with what they have and risk dwindling crowd's or twist and change again for me Raun has looked poor and with the point's we have avaliable we could bring in an 8 point rider to replace him even scoring to his average today would have brought us a point but he looks totally out of sorts and a waste on 5.63 before anyone ask's I have no idea were that 8 point man would come from.

and on to Joey Ringwood this lad looks like he is going backwards perhaps if he was in a team that was winning then the pressure would be less for him but he looks sapped of any confidence he had and is another rider we are carrying, Alas it is now the norm that we accept another defeat as is the way it is these day's too many last places has been the real problem and will continue to be unless further changes are made.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Doesn't help when your captain starts doing wheelies whilst at the back. But no doubt he will be on twitter as I speak, telling everyone how unhappy he is at Glasgow, how much he dislikes the current promotion or how he wants to be in a winning team and how he is only in it for himself now.

...here's a thought, F**k off and retire now, and let people that want and deserve to wear the stripes represent us.

To think he will go down in history along with Steve Lawson, Shane Bowes, Nigel Crabtree, Mick Powell and Shane Parker as Glasgow captains. Makes me sick

Doesn't help when your captain starts doing wheelies whilst at the back. But no doubt he will be on twitter as I speak, telling everyone how unhappy he is at Glasgow, how much he dislikes the current promotion or how he wants to be in a winning team and how he is only in it for himself now.

...here's a thought, F**k off and retire now, and let people that want and deserve to wear the stripes represent us.

To think he will go down in history along with Steve Lawson, Shane Bowes, Nigel Crabtree, Mick Powell and Shane Parker as Glasgow captains. Makes me sick

Wee nerve been touched there matey think you better look out your crash helmet but on the bright side you have a day away at Berwick on the 27th with the one and only me and because i will be on the bevvy you had better take plenty of money. :D