British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boobs

Glasgow V Edinburgh (7 July, Pl)

Doesn't help when your captain starts doing wheelies whilst at the back. But no doubt he will be on twitter as I speak, telling everyone how unhappy he is at Glasgow, how much he dislikes the current promotion or how he wants to be in a winning team and how he is only in it for himself now.

...here's a thought, F**k off and retire now, and let people that want and deserve to wear the stripes represent us.

To think he will go down in history along with Steve Lawson, Shane Bowes, Nigel Crabtree, Mick Powell and Shane Parker as Glasgow captains. Makes me sick

That must be about the most unpleasant post I've ever read.

I'm all in favour of everyone being allowed to express their opinion, but within some sort of bounds of fairness. I think the test of whether a post is justifiable is:

Would you say the same to the rider's face?

If not, don't say it.

• Like 2

Good win by the Monarchs today although 4 points were within our grasp.

Glasgow may have turned a corner today with Bager and Grieves scoring well.

Cook simply incredible new track record. Speaking to him after the match I don't think he knew how quickly he was going and it wouldn't have surprised me to see him take another lump off the TR.

Oh aye and nice to see a Scotsman win at Wimbledon.

All in all not a bad day.

PS

Excellent turn out by the Monarchs fans today approx 50% (at least) of the crowd.

Edited by SCOTLAND1314

Good win by the Monarchs today although 4 points were within our grasp.

Glasgow may have turned a corner today with Bager and Grieves scoring well.

Cook simply incredible new track record. Speaking to him after the match I don't think he knew how quickly he was going and it wouldn't have surprised me to see him take another lump off the TR.

Oh aye and nice to see a Scotsman win at Wimbledon.

All in all not a bad day.

PS

Excellent turn out by the Monarchs fans today approx 50% (at least) of the crowd.

It helps when you have a winning team to watch we forget how that feels congrats on today best team on the day won & yes a very healthy turn out from our friends from the east.

That must be about the most unpleasant post I've ever read.

I'm all in favour of everyone being allowed to express their opinion, but within some sort of bounds of fairness. I think the test of whether a post is justifiable is:

Would you say the same to the rider's face?

If not, don't say it.

You're being to polite, it was a disgusting post.

I guess I should start by apologising, to anyone thats read it, I know you don't come on to forums to read such vile.

I think it was a mixture of getting beat by our rivals, and of course the demon drink. But no excuses, I was out of order for what i wrote.

Anybody who has seen my facebook postings will know (and were probably shocked) because I'm always raving about Joe Screen.

To say I am utterly embaressed is an understatement.

Sorry again, to all whom I offended.

• Like 2

It helps when you have a winning team to watch we forget how that feels congrats on today best team on the day won & yes a very healthy turn out from our friends from the east.

It does.

But credit due magic Monarchs support today.

It does.

We done similar away from home in our 2011 league winning side we travelled because we knew if we did not win at least it would be close same as what yourselves are watching at the minute but the away support deserve credit in turning up in large numbers. Just confirms that both do have the support there if they have something half decent to support we do not unfortunately but i am sure the Glasgow promotion will be grateful for the added income stream.

Seems it is down to Edinburgh to fly the flag for scottish speedway as we waved our white one on May 5th

You're being to polite, it was a disgusting post.

I guess I should start by apologising, to anyone thats read it, I know you don't come on to forums to read such vile.

I think it was a mixture of getting beat by our rivals, and of course the demon drink. But no excuses, I was out of order for what i wrote.

Anybody who has seen my facebook postings will know (and were probably shocked) because I'm always raving about Joe Screen.

To say I am utterly embaressed is an understatement.

Sorry again, to all whom I offended.

Well done Tony on your grovelling apology i did wonder at the time you were on to your second can of lager and saying to myself there maybe trouble ahead as i know your limit is only 1 but good to see your big enough to accept your post was a tad OTT.

We done similar away from home in our 2011 league winning side we travelled because we knew if we did not win at least it would be close same as what yourselves are watching at the minute but the away support deserve credit in turning up in large numbers. Just confirms that both do have the support there if they have something half decent to support we do not unfortunately but i am sure the Glasgow promotion will be grateful for the added income stream.

Seems it is down to Edinburgh to fly the flag for scottish speedway as we waved our white one on May 5th

Indeed.

I wish both Scottish clubs could be fighting at the correct end of the table. If that were the case days like today would be immense. It wouldn't be hundreds turning up but into the thousands.

Always a big Monarchs support when they have the scent of blood in their nostrils. Cookie outstanding. :drink:

• Like 1

Although we won, it was nip & tuck for most of the match.

There were positives for the Tigers with Grieves putting in a vintage display and Bager probably having his best ever performance for the Tigs.

Glasgow had 8 heat winners from five different riders, compared to 7 from 3 for the Monarchs.

Also well done to the track staff who in addition to providing a record breaking racing strip, successfully managed to prevent any significant dust clouds on the hottest day of the year :approve:

• Like 4

Doesn't help when your captain starts doing wheelies whilst at the back. But no doubt he will be on twitter as I speak, telling everyone how unhappy he is at Glasgow, how much he dislikes the current promotion or how he wants to be in a winning team and how he is only in it for himself now.

...here's a thought, F**k off and retire now, and let people that want and deserve to wear the stripes represent us.

To think he will go down in history along with Steve Lawson, Shane Bowes, Nigel Crabtree, Mick Powell and Shane Parker as Glasgow captains. Makes me sick

The demon drink does things like that to us all :t: but ill no have anything bad about screeny on here, hes a top bloke :t:

Edited by OBSCENESPEEDWAY

The demon drink does things like that to us all :t: but ill no have anything bad about screeny on here, hes a top bloke :t:

Here's one for ya, how about, it was too hot in Glasgow, too much sun and I wasn't wearing a hat, does that not sound more logical understanding normal Glasgow conditions? :D . Poor old Joe, slumped a long way from the heady days of "who ate all the pies"!! ;)

Firstly well done to Edinburgh in a competent display and if not for Vissing making a complete hash in Ht 15 it would have been 4 rather than 3pts , we have now went 13 meeting's without a win and to be honest i really cannot see were another one is going to come from with this team all in all i am witnessing the poorest Glasgow team in an awful long time in saying that at least we were more competitive today but never looked like winning.

It really is a difficult decision the promotion now face do they stick or twist , stick with what they have and risk dwindling crowd's or twist and change again for me Raun has looked poor and with the point's we have avaliable we could bring in an 8 point rider to replace him even scoring to his average today would have brought us a point but he looks totally out of sorts and a waste on 5.63 before anyone ask's I have no idea were that 8 point man would come from.

and on to Joey Ringwood this lad looks like he is going backwards perhaps if he was in a team that was winning then the pressure would be less for him but he looks sapped of any confidence he had and is another rider we are carrying, Alas it is now the norm that we accept another defeat as is the way it is these day's too many last places has been the real problem and will continue to be unless further changes are made.

Pretty much exactly how i see it as well.

Jonas has to go. joey has to go. sorry lads but nl more your level.

Why does Joe Jacobs not also fit into that? He was excellent in April banging in some decent scores and looking quick but since then has done nothing. I expected him to do well down at Ipswich but never and other than ht2 now, isn't pulling in many points. Oh, and its also gone quiet about his full transfer :o !

It does.

Was good to see so many new faces in the travelling support, a sporting crowd spread right round the stadium rather than just the fourth bend and contributed to a great atmosphere in the sunshine. Hopefully it means the old school moaning brigade who haven't been seen for years at Ashfield have been replaced and can herald a new era of sporting rivalry that has been missing between the clubs for some time. You may just need to give us a decade to put a decent team together. Edited by MD

MD he was nearly on my list too but was riding with injury yesterday so hope he can put on a better show for us next time. i really dont want anymore untried aussies next year getting sick of it charles wright should have been in instead of joey or harley imo. i must add young max looks real classy doesnt he? Always looked a threat on the pace and some of his riding for example the way he changes lines to get the speed and keep the person hes behind guessing wheres hes going what a find he is.

Loved deeks blast round the 3 and 4 brave riding in that heavy stuff great action.

Cookies going places hope he can stay in pl next season and think that hes woofys biggest british rival and give cookie a few more years then hopefully gp's.

Edited by glasgowmicktiger