Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boobs

Glasgow V Edinburgh (7 July, Pl)

Was good to see so many new faces in the travelling support, a sporting crowd spread right round the stadium rather than just the fourth bend and contributed to a great atmosphere in the sunshine. Hopefully it means the old school moaning brigade who haven't been seen for years at Ashfield have been replaced and can herald a new era of sporting rivalry that has been missing between the clubs for some time. You may just need to give us a decade to put a decent team together.

It was a refreshing change. I know I had a very enjoyable day with friendly banter flying back and forth.

Hopefully Glasgow can get themselves sorted out soon.

Why does Joe Jacobs not also fit into that? He was excellent in April banging in some decent scores and looking quick but since then has done nothing. I expected him to do well down at Ipswich but never and other than ht2 now, isn't pulling in many points. Oh, and its also gone quiet about his full transfer :o !

I wonder if Joe is doing too much this season? NL and travelling to Glasgow every week.

He has potential, but is still young and maybe too much at his age?

Edited by george.m

I wonder if Joe is doing too much this season? NL and travelling to Glasgow every week.

Pretty sure he lodges with Sean Courtney to cut down on his travelling, George.....anyway he is almost 20 now. Wish I was 20 again I was jumping oot ma skin back then!! :drink:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

Pretty sure he lodges with Sean Courtney to cut down on his travelling, George.....anyway he is almost 20 now. Wish I was 20 again I was jumping oot ma skin back then!! :drink:

Or jumping into skin? ;):party:

• Like 1

Is this the friendliest Glasgae / Embra thread ever :D

• Like 2

Our own team has battered us in to submission even before the Monarchs were set loose on us so your probably right think most Glasgow fan's would like to see Edinburgh be succesful this season as much as they are our rivals it is good for speedway up here we are currently languishing and struggling big time but it swing's in roundabouts hopefully before long we can once again be the major force in Scotland and ram it down there throats. :D

Aye it is now awa and count to 12 :D

Well it's Joe's 5th season now so maybe it's about time the potential showed a bit more than a 3 point PL reserve average??

Well it's Joe's 5th season now so maybe it's about time the potential showed a bit more than a 3 point PL reserve average??

Its his first full season at PL though. He is at the inbetween stage of racking up big scores in the NL and doing little at PL. A few decent scores for Glasgow in the coming weeks would be welcome!