British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Ipswich Witches Pl 30/6/13 @3p.m.

Sunday May 5th . That was the last time we had a setback in our quest for that coveted speedway trophy , the wooden spoon . That day we , somehow , beat title contenders Newcastle . But since then we have got our spoon quest back on track with a long line of defeats .

This week's recipients of away points are the Ipswich Witches led by Ben Barker , Rohan Tungate and Leigh Lanham .

The last time Tungate was up here , he ended up in hospital with an injury in an embarrassing place , this time things should have a more favourable ending .

Glasgow continue to stumble along in glorious mediocrity , and it's hard to see us seriously troubling the Witches in what is surely a crucial away fixture in their play-off quest .

We're having an armed forces day at Glasgow this Sunday , so maybe a couple of carefully aimed scud missiles into the Ipswich side of the pits might give us a fighting chance :wink:

Sunday May 5th . That was the last time we had a setback in our quest for that coveted speedway trophy , the wooden spoon . That day we , somehow , beat title contenders Newcastle . But since then we have got our spoon quest back on track with a long line of defeats .

This week's recipients of away points are the Ipswich Witches led by Ben Barker , Rohan Tungate and Leigh Lanham .

The last time Tungate was up here , he ended up in hospital with an injury in an embarrassing place , this time things should have a more favourable ending .

Glasgow continue to stumble along in glorious mediocrity , and it's hard to see us seriously troubling the Witches in what is surely a crucial away fixture in their play-off quest .

We're having an armed forces day at Glasgow this Sunday , so maybe a couple of carefully aimed scud missiles into the Ipswich side of the pits might give us a fighting chance :wink:

Just mediocrity it is far worse than that

Just mediocrity it is far worse than that

you thought everything was on the the up last week,has reality kicked in.iI certainly hope that their fortunes can be turned round as we need successful teams in the North.

you thought everything was on the the up last week,has reality kicked in.iI certainly hope that their fortunes can be turned round as we need successful teams in the North.

Reality has obviously kicked in . My brother got a wee bit overexcited about nearly beating an understrength mid table outfit .

Reality has obviously kicked in . My brother got a wee bit overexcited about nearly beating an understrength mid table outfit .

LOL i am an optimist (sometimes) and i remain optimistic that Ipswich will beat us on Sunday .

One step forward and two back watching this team so yes reality has kicked in i guess.

Ipswich team manager Pete Simmons has targeted a point from thus one - most Witches fans will be disappointed if its not 3 or even 4.

Hope its a good un and Im going for the Witches to win by 8.

Ipswich team manager Pete Simmons has targeted a point from thus one - most Witches fans will be disappointed if its not 3 or even 4.

Hope its a good un and Im going for the Witches to win by 8.

If there not this up by heat 2 i would be disappointed as well . :shock:

Will young Adam be staying up north for a couple of nights, he's guesting for Leicester at Edinburgh tonight and scored 5 from 2rides so far. Witches should get an away win against the Tigers, although they will be a sterner test on home shale..

Will young Adam be staying up north for a couple of nights, he's guesting for Leicester at Edinburgh tonight and scored 5 from 2rides so far. Witches should get an away win against the Tigers, although they will be a sterner test on home shale..

Considering Ipswich are at Workington on Saturday night , i think it's safe to assume he'll be staying up north

• Like 1

Witches coming off the back of a good win away at Workington should hopefully give the boys some belief - but it'd be just like Ipswich to follow that up with a trouncing at Glasgow!

Hopefully with the likes of Barker and Tungate scoring well and a good show from one or both of the reserves should ensure we get something from this - how many remains to be decided but I'm quietly confident.....ish!

Witches coming off the back of a good win away at Workington should hopefully give the boys some belief - but it'd be just like Ipswich to follow that up with a trouncing at Glasgow!

Hopefully with the likes of Barker and Tungate scoring well and a good show from one or both of the reserves should ensure we get something from this - how many remains to be decided but I'm quietly confident.....ish!

I very much doubt that you will be trounced at Glasgow , more likely that we will be trounced by the Witches , although we live in hope that we can get our first win in a long time

I very much doubt that you will be trounced at Glasgow , more likely that we will be trounced by the Witches , although we live in hope that we can get our first win in a long time

Aye, heat win in the opening race!

Aye, heat win in the opening race!

Last night's win at Workington was a bit of a shock , but shows the quality Ipswich have . I fear another long , disappointing afternoon .

I just hope the Witches can push on and get some more league points .

Would like to think we can but we are somewhat of a Jekyll and Hyde team and any result is possible !