British Speedway Forum
Ariel75

Sheffield Tigers Vs Newcastle Diamonds 4th July - Lc Semifinal

Fantastic heat 15 from hally,a battling performance from the team but think we will get hammered on sunday because we cant gate consistently enough and that's what you need to do at brough park.I still think hally should ride at 5 at home because the ride he pulled off in heat 15 can be achieved in heat 13.We need to squeeze every point out of meetings.It would also make us stronger in other heats when he would be out with the reserves.Just my opinion but what do us fans know ??

Can't help thinking that Facu just needs some decent machinery under him to make a good rider - he's making the moves but just doesn't seem to have the horsepower to pull them off.

As an aside - Ashworth didn't look too shabby after the meeting.

• Like 1

Can't help thinking that Facu just needs some decent machinery under him to make a good rider - he's making the moves but just doesn't seem to have the horsepower to pull them off.

As an aside - Ashworth didn't look too shabby after the meeting.

My thoughts exactly about Albin, he's obviously got what it takes, but he does look under powered when he gets into a position where he's looking to make a move. Last night he was really up against it with Lewis Kerr, as did most of our riders, this lads definitely one of the premier leagues 'finds of the season'. He looked a confident/competent rider, on a track where I've certainly not seen him before, soon got the measure of the circuit and his 9 points no doubt helped put the Diamonds in position of advantage for Sundays second leg.

As for Ricky he looked his old self out on the shale, but did look a bit quiet when walking around the terraces. I'd have him back, but think Berwick will want him seeing as Kennett isn't really living up to expectations!

Edited by Steve55
  • Like 1

Very entertaining meeting (I work every other Thursday, thanks to the weather Gods I got to a meet!), sunshine speedway and a very entertaining meeting with some good racing.

Was concerned after heat one when Lawson registered a coconut, but he was great after that, and Sheffield definitely needed it, with the Diamonds well on the gas.

Roynon was tentative (understandably), but showed his class once out in front. It'll come for him, he's just had a bad time of it lately.

Lewis Kerr looked VERY good for the Diamonds from reserve, I think that he is a good prospect, and one to watch.

Thankfully Ludwig Lindgren wasn't too beaten up after his crash, he was wellying in coming into that 3rd bend... good to see him up.

As for Heat 15? Was an awesome (a much overused word normally!) ride by Hall... to secure the win on the night he just needed to break their pairing up, but once he was in second he seemed to just breeze into contention for the lead... and a great rounding by him to take the chequered flag.

Probably not enough on aggregate for a progression... however, not fussed here.

When you pay your cash on the door at speedway, you hope that you will be entertained.

Shame it's not like this every week, good night, good racing, great sport.

• Like 4

My thoughts exactly about Albin, he's obviously got what it takes, but he does look under powered when he gets into a position where he's looking to make a move. Last night he was really up against it with Lewis Kerr, as did most of our riders, this lads definitely one of the premier leagues 'finds of the season'. He looked a confident/competent rider, on a track where I've certainly not seen him before, soon got the measure of the circuit and his 9 points no doubt helped put the Diamonds in position of advantage for Sundays second leg.

As for Ricky he looked his old self out on the shale, but did look a bit quiet when walking around the terraces. I'd have him back, but think Berwick will want him seeing as Kennett isn't really living up to expectations!

facu have problems with two tyres in different heats.........
  • Like 2