Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Irving

Ipswich

All the best to Adam.

Not a good day for Witches connections what with Tomas in theGP and Tay as well who I am told has broken his femur.

Fractured scaphoid :(

I take it thats season over?

Such a shame for Adam if it is. The experience of play off pressure in both leagues would be the ideal end to his first season.

Really sorry about the extent of Adams injury and I hope he makes a speedy recovery to ride for us again asap .

Jonny , please pass on the best wishes from all Witches fans to Adam for us .

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 4

Right....

Thanks. Just a thing I've got about reports in newspapers, etc. saying that someone has broken his/her wrist - as if they've only got one ...

I spoke to Mike Bacon about this a while ago, and he said it had never crossed his mind!

Am I correct in my assumption that now Adam has sadly broken his wrist that we can only use a NL guest for him ?

If so what is the criteria that determines the level of rider we can draw on ?

Side issue , does anyone know if Morten is ok after his withdrawal from the PLRC on Sunday ?

Edited by Super Blue

According to Regulation 18.2.2 section e.

e) Absent #7: NL G*

NL G*: a Rider eligible for a NL Team who has never achieved an actual PL MA of 4.00 or above

According to Regulation 18.2.2 section e.

e) Absent #7: NL G*

NL G*: a Rider eligible for a NL Team who has never achieved an actual PL MA of 4.00 or above

Me not being the brightest on these matters..........who are the best riders that fit the bill?

Didn't Josh Bates guest for Adam earlier this season and do quite well ?

I think someone of his Ilk would fit the bill as most of the other better NL guys have already achieved a 4+ average .

I think someone of his Ilk would fit the bill as most of the other better NL guys have already achieved a 4+ average .

You will find that surprisingly few have established +4 at PL level. It is a good rule (a shock in itself, that) as it is designed to prevent "experienced" guys dropping into NL and then filling their boots with PL bookings.

Moving forward, Liam Carr raced against Witches at Edinburgh ten days or so again and collected 5+2 from three races -- book him up quick!