British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Lakeside 10/07

So the title favourites march on.. :wink:

I like this Birmingham side but they need that bit of "flair" needed to win the Elite League title.. They are a solid machine.. Just like last year but I feel that they need something more and something special.

Michael Jepsen Jensen or Greg Walasek for Ben Barker would create that title winning feel.

I like this Birmingham side but they need that bit of "flair" needed to win the Elite League title.. They are a solid machine.. Just like last year but I feel that they need something more and something special.

Michael Jepsen Jensen or Greg Walasek for Ben Barker would create that title winning feel.

you are definitely feeling something!

Really enjoyed that, some good racing in front of an expected big crowd. Got to give credit to Lakeside for the fightback from 15-3 down but I don't think the Brummies were at their best. We missed Smoli, must say I was shocked he wasn't riding when it was announced, I thought it was Barker we were all worried about!!. RR got us 4 points from his rides but I reckon Smoli would have scored double that.

There were some good performances, Barker was outstanding with one of the most entertaining performances in Brummies colours, Heat 14 ride around the boards to pass Swidders was worth the admission alone. Doyley I have got to give alot of praise, 10 paid 11 from the number 1 position is terrific. Auty was just like last week, full of effort and did well.

Danny wasn't at his best, failing to win a race and Bomber just the one. Would have liked a bit more from both of them. Nico didnt have a good meeting again points wise but looked on the pace in some races.

I thought Bridger was a disgrace confronting Bjerre like that, at one point I thought he was going to spark Bjerre out. How professional is it to behave like that, people around me ( many of them new to speedway) couldn't believe it, I mean they are meant to be teammates tonight, hardly sets a good example.

Lakeside as I say did well to fight back after a shocker of a start. Watt did well and Bjerre won his last three. The rider that impressed me the most was Richard Lawson, hes had some awful meetings here in the past but tonight he looked good. Was nice to see Ulamek back at PB, but wasn't the danger man i thought he would be. His fellow Pole Swiderski was poor really just like the A fixture.

Roll on the trip to Peterborough a week Monday and the Eagles two days later. Looking forward to both matches!! :drink::t:

Edited by Brummie Kev

So the title favourites march on.. :wink:

The Robins must be confident tomorrow then. :wink:

What a great night! packed stadium, great atmosphere, fantastic racing even though the track was a bit slick and another win for the Brummies even without Smoli, and Nico having another poor night ....strength in depth or what...and there are people out there who still do not take us seriously.

Ben Barker, big balls or what... flat out around the boards every time with some sensational passes..

Auty again showing impressive form.

I note Nico was on track testing engine set ups after the meeting.

At last someone has had the gumption to get the extra parking by using the industrial frontage next to the stadium. whats taken them so long?

Hope its open for all the rest of the season, the hassles of using the one stop car park puts a lot of people off. All they need to do now is do something about the inadequate terracing and we shall all be able to see the racing.

Got most of the Family to this meet and they all loved it ...roll on the next one :party:

So disappointed to read insulting remarks from Davey Watt on twitter about Ben Barker. I know hes not everyone's cup of tea, that clearly seems to be the case but resorting to twitter to insult him is unprofessional. Thought Watt was better than that! :angry:

If someone like Bridger or Ward does it, everyone is in uproar but I suspect that wont be the case with Watt. The BSPA need to act as riders launching attacks on other riders on social media sites is clearly not on.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Yeah, disrupt a winning side that even on off nights is getting the points of late :rofl:

Nico didnt have a good meeting again points wise but looked on the pace in some races.

Nico was nowhere near as bad as his score suggests, just the form Auty is in, it makes sense to swap the reserves, Nico would of definetly got more if he had more rides.

• Like 1

So disappointed to read insulting remarks from Davey Watt on twitter about Ben Barker. I know hes not everyone's cup of tea, that clearly seems to be the case but resorting to twitter to insult him is unprofessional. Thought Watt was better than that! :angry:

If someone like Bridger or Ward does it, everyone is in uproar but I suspect that wont be the case with Watt. The BSPA need to act as riders launching attacks on other riders on social media sites is clearly not on.

I read that tweet, does that refer to something specific to tonight's meeting, or is it just his general opinion of him?

What is it with Aussies with Poole connections having big gobs that are two seconds ahead of their brain ?, if Watt is being put in his place by Barker then he should question himself whether he's still got it that insult others, clearly Middlo ditched him for a reason.

Edited by david2905

I read that tweet, does that refer to something specific to tonight's meeting, or is it just his general opinion of him?

Possibly ht 15 Watt was definitely not happy..

I think he was a bit upset with him in after Hear 15 for some reason, even so wonder whether Watt called Barker a C**k to his face. Thats what he should do instead of dragging his name through the mud on twitter.

When he made the remark he was egged on by someone to " say what you think", Watt responded by saying it would get him in trouble. Bit late for that Davey!! :rolleyes:

Possibly ht 15 Watt was definitely not happy..

What was Davey Watt unhappy at? With Bridger & little Kenneth falling out too, it seems like a lively night at Perry Barr!

Edited by mikec

What was Davey Watt unhappy at? With Bridger & little Kenneth falling out too, it seems like a lively night at Perry Barr!

There was nothing obviously untowards in heat 15, appears a bit of toy throwing after a bad night at the office to me.

Well I did not note any thing obviously untoward.. but If I recollect it correctly Barker frustrated Watt by blocking him off turn 2 after the start. but all looked fair to me!

• Like 1