British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Iow V Kent Kings Koc 9-7-13

Just thought I would start a thread. :D And yes anything but a win for the Island would be a major shock.

You do not only need big track ability and experience to ride the I.O.W.., You also need a fast engine not all the lads have the money for such equipment..So i am fearing a big home win,...,Boxall,, and hopefully Morley and Compton will be able to keep the score respectable ...Hope all the riders have a good and importantly ,, a safe night ....

• Like 1

it`s not about the fastest motor on the Island, it`s the biggest balls to go in at the speed needed there.

For how many more years can Adam Ellis ride as a reserve in the National League?

For how many more years can Adam Ellis ride as a reserve in the National League?

So long as his inclusion is within the rules/guidelines I suppose.

Hmm, massive defeat for the Kings..

Here's a question though, has any rider ever scored a higher percentage of a team total than Steve Boxall's 56.25% today?

Surely it's only a matter of time until the PL comes calling ?????

Pit stop i did not say you need the fastest ! motor.. i said you need a fast motor ,,sure you need balls but with out a good fast engine you wont score many points against the boys that have one and know how to set them up, round big tracks ... Most riders have a degree of guts or they would not be racing speedway bikes in competitive leagues......Congratulations to Steve Boxall faultless max,,hope Benji Compton is ok, ...No further comment on the match i was not there...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Isle of Wight 61 Kent 32 - aggregate 110-76.

Kent Kings tend to remind me of the Wombwell Colliers National League Division Three team of 1947and 1948!

Here's their record on Speedway Researcher

http://www.speedwayr...k/wombwell.html

Wombwell also used to feature in similar results in those far off days. One of my favourites in their side was Red Hamley.

Edited by Guest

'Red Hamley'..? Sounds what they sell on the deli in Streatham Market!!!

I don't know why Streatham keeps getting mentioned by you? I don't live there, I never have, and have no intention of doing so. I just worked there for a few years.

Edited by Guest

Until at least August. Currently will move to the main body for the Dudley home match on 6th August. Currently averages just shy of 11 due to a poor return of 15 and Mildenhall !!! Just one more match for his average to become effective, so almost certain to move to Number One. But still (rain-offs permitting) THREE more League matches at reserve.

How clever have Isle of Wight been? Gets his new average after the away match with Kings Lynn (v Robert Lambert at reserve?), but before the seven day eligibility is up, a trip to Coventry and the home re-match with Kings Lynn.

Adam was signed before the calendar was organised so that isn't the case. IOW just knew a good rider when they saw one and offered him the chance

Adam was signed before the calendar was organised so that isn't the case. IOW just knew a good rider when they saw one and offered him the chance

It was actually a compliment to IOW. I doubt they were that clever (but you never know). However, they would have known that Adam could ride at reserve in all competitions until his 4th NL meeting so would have looked to delay that 4th meeting as much as possible whilst fitting in the other competitions. Whether the 4th meeting was any later than it would have been I don't know, but I'm sure it would have been in their thoughts; and nothing wrong with that.

It was actually a compliment to IOW. I doubt they were that clever (but you never know). However, they would have known that Adam could ride at reserve in all competitions until his 4th NL meeting so would have looked to delay that 4th meeting as much as possible whilst fitting in the other competitions. Whether the 4th meeting was any later than it would have been I don't know, but I'm sure it would have been in their thoughts; and nothing wrong with that.

Nothing at all - just good tactical thinking if that was the case.