British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Iow V Kent Kings Koc 9-7-13

Kent are consistent having lost 63-31 in the National Trophy. :blink: Just two things to say - Hope Benji is OK and back soon,and well done Steve - Class. :D

was it really nessasary to take widman out of his best chance to earn a little money heat 8

I don't know the exact circumstances but I believe it was at his own request.

• Like 1

Isle of Wight 61 Kent 32 - aggregate 110-76.

Kent Kings tend to remind me of the Wombwell Colliers National League Division Three team of 1947and 1948!

Here's their record on Speedway Researcher

http://www.speedwayr...k/wombwell.html

Wombwell also used to feature in similar results in those far off days. One of my favourites in their side was Red Hamley.

'Red Hamley'..? Sounds what they sell on the deli in Streatham Market!!!

I don't know why Streatham keeps getting mentioned by you? I don't live there, I never have, and have no intention of doing so. I just worked there for a few years.

I might add that in 1947 and 1948, despite their poor record Wombwell were averaging crowds of 3,000. But, of course, there wasn't the distraction of TV at that time...which explains why they attracted more people than Kent Kings - where gates are extremely excellent by today's standards.

Edited by Guest