British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Why No Speedway Track...?

Because there's no speedway promoter involved in any aspect of the project and, in keeping with the history of the world , no-one has built a speedway track just for the hell of it?

Any other race tracks got a speedway track? Nope. So why would this one?

It been discussed online in the past and the general opinion is that if speedway doesn't work in a city the size of Newport it stands zero chance in Ebbw Vale - A depressing, irrelevant place these days. It's just too far away from anything and anyone.

If you were just going to drop a speedway trakc down somewhere then Newport Stadium, which the council are due to abbandon soon is a far better option.

Because there's no speedway promoter involved in any aspect of the project and, in keeping with the history of the world , no-one has built a speedway track just for the hell of it?

Because the Land available seems to be suitable to fit a Speedway Track in to the Development. Whether it would be supported or not - I don't know, whether Planning Permission could be achieved - again, I don't know. All Chewbacca asked was why no Speedway Track is being considered - a fair enough question in my opinion.

These days it is so very difficult to open new Venues due to Planning Permission, Noise restrictions etc. Here is a place where Planning Permission for Motor Sports must be in place, IF the Planning Permission included ALL Motor Sports then Speedway could possibly be an option.

Worth investigating don't you think?

It been discussed online in the past and the general opinion is that if speedway doesn't work in a city the size of Newport it stands zero chance in Ebbw Vale - A depressing, irrelevant place these days. It's just too far away from anything and anyone.

If you were just going to drop a speedway track down somewhere then Newport Stadium, which the council are due to abbandon soon is a far better option.

I Posted before I was able to see this by SCB.

Not knowing the Geography of the place I now understand that it may not be such a great idea after all - however Backless - Chewbacca had every right to ask the question.

Edited by The White Knight

If you were just going to drop a speedway trakc down somewhere then Newport Stadium, which the council are due to abbandon soon is a far better option.

Fair and obvious comments.

Just asking like.

No noise restrictions. Land aplenty. Government money.

Someone should at least be exploring it.

Not having any idea why my posting saw fit to appear twice, an hour more or less between appearances..... I don't recall suggesting that anyone had less than every right to ask whatever they want. Even when the answer is (seemingly) bleeding obvious. In the meantime, here's the latest platter from Little Tommy Steele........

Edited by Backless

Just asking like.

No noise restrictions. Land aplenty. Government money.

Someone should at least be exploring it.

Face it! An attempt to stage speedway with average attendances of about 700! No Government money would be forthcoming for such a proposal. Sad, harsh but reality.

Also, someone went to one of the public consultations and asked about a speedway track in principal. The answer was yes, why not. Now find us a promoter with the cash to build the track. But again, I think you'd be mad to try and build a track in Ebbw Vale.

6,000 jobs, at a motor racing circuit.

Are these people on crack?

• Like 3

It sounds as though the complex is expected to be a multi-motor sport facility for both racing and development, which I imagine will mean practice/testing facilities. At the very least, perhaps a nice practice track could be built for riders/tuners. As for Backless......he never has anything good to say, he just knocks peoples postings. He is one of the forums trolls!

• Like 1

Better to be a realist than some senile, deluded happy clapper, who thinks "someone" should build a track in the middle of nowhere, for no apparent reason, without any likelihood of any financial return or any use.

Still, there are those who struggle to grasp any aspect of the modern world. It's just not the same since Cliff & the Shads weren't Pick of The Pops.

Better to be a realist than some senile, deluded happy clapper, who thinks "someone" should build a track in the middle of nowhere, for no apparent reason, without any likelihood of any financial return or any use.

Still, there are those who struggle to grasp any aspect of the modern world. It's just not the same since Cliff & the Shads weren't Pick of The Pops.

...and speedway was regarded as a MAJOR sport!

Not sure you are right there. Modern world?....who was the cream of Glastonbury recently? The group has been around since Barry Briggs won one of his many world titles! There is a big lust for nostalgia at the moment....why?, because both old and young are fed up with the modern world!
  • Like 2