British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Why No Speedway Track...?

There's nothing better than a good sensible BSF debate! By the way, I think that Arsenal's Emirates Stadium cost £390m!

And where have I said or even indicated that I want to see Ebbw Vale or Norwich ventures to fail?

just returning to the original poster question if i may i think the answer is as has been mentioned - its not a traditional speedway thing to make tracks in places like this and i would expect it to be a non starter especially in the current financial climate

I'm afraid things don't look too good at Norwich either - there are too many objectors in influential positions and not enough expertees amongst the potential developers. They could do worse than persuade Tony Mole to get involved. In fact BSPA should pay him to seek out and develop such opportunities.

By the way, I think that Arsenal's Emirates Stadium cost £390m!

The space shuttle Endeavour cost $1.7Bn ......that's totally irrelevant to this topic too.

The space shuttle Endeavour cost $1.7Bn ......that's totally irrelevant to this topic too.

And why no track at Cape Canaveral

There's nothing better than a good sensible BSF debate! By the way, I think that Arsenal's Emirates Stadium cost £390m!

And where have I said or even indicated that I want to see Ebbw Vale or Norwich ventures to fail?

Have they applied for planning permission yet?

That is a key factor in the proposed development. But if it hasn't, it will obviously be rubber stamped because the council is interested.

just returning to the original poster question if i may i think the answer is as has been mentioned - its not a traditional speedway thing to make tracks in places like this and i would expect it to be a non starter especially in the current financial climate

I'm afraid things don't look too good at Norwich either - there are too many objectors in influential positions and not enough expertees amongst the potential developers. They could do worse than persuade Tony Mole to get involved. In fact BSPA should pay him to seek out and develop such opportunities.

The situatiion at Norwich is unsettling because the then oragniser of the venture created tremendous publicity even giving a mid-summer date this year for a return.

I'm not surprised to see you jump on the bandwagon. The £390m cost of the Emirates Stadium is relevant because we are talking about the cost of sports stadiums. So far as the cost of the space shuttle is concerned: I don't think there's yet been a proposal to build the National Speedway Stadium in out space - or is that also something I have missed?

That is a key factor in the proposed development. But if it hasn't, it will obviously be rubber stamped because the council is interested.

The situatiion at Norwich is unsettling because the then oragniser of the venture created tremendous publicity even giving a mid-summer date this year for a return.

I'm not surprised to see you jump on the bandwagon. The £390m cost of the Emirates Stadium is relevant because we are talking about the cost of sports stadiums. So far as the cost of the space shuttle is concerned: I don't think there's yet been a proposal to build the National Speedway Stadium in out space - or is that also something I have missed?

Don't think a track in space would be enjoyable. There would be no atmosphere. :rofl::drink:

• Like 3

Already documented. Thanks for your valuable input.

Then why not post the link instead of the sarcasm.....or are you afraid your views/ideas won't stand up to scrutiny?

Then why not post the link instead of the sarcasm.....or are you afraid your views/ideas won't stand up to scrutiny?

Probably KevH....the forum name Backless is right for this person, no backbone!

• Like 2

Don't think a track in space would be enjoyable. There would be no atmosphere. :rofl::drink:

Well why reply to me about the track in outer space? I didn't originally comment on this. :lol:

Exactly what form of Forum Nazi do you think you are, to be demanding links to posts to justify comments? You seem to be under the mistaken belief that I give a ray's arse about you or what you think.

Probably KevH....the forum name Backless is right for this person, no backbone!

At least no one could be confused enough to think you you could ever have an original thought or make any form of contribution.

Exactly what form of Forum Nazi do you think you are, to be demanding links to posts to justify comments? You seem to be under the mistaken belief that I give a ray's arse about you or what you think.

At least no one could be confused enough to think you you could ever have an original thought or make any form of contribution.

I enjoy Ray Stadia's contribution a lot more than your cynical efforts Backless. :rolleyes:

Have you got a good word to say about anything or anybody involved in Speedway? :sad: :sad:

I find it very sad because I can see from the way that you construct some of your Posts that you are capable of better. I wish you would show a positive side once in a while. :)

• Like 1

Think it would fit in ok,most tracks have in the UK have no atmosphere

It really is no wonder the majority of BSPA members laugh at any mention of this forum.

Oh and I think you mean rats arse, unless you really are besotted with Ray? :/

• Like 1

It really is no wonder the majority of BSPA members laugh at any mention of this forum.

Oh and I think you mean rats arse, unless you really are besotted with Ray? :/

Probably because so many initial threads deviate away from what the subject is and just end up in sarcasm or abuse of other members?