Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Itv The Motorbike Show

Only problem is that ITV4 has lower audience numbers than speedway does

• Like 2

Christ, that glass wasn't half full for very long - best to give them a call & tell them not to bother.

• Like 3

Any TV coverage can only be a good thing. However small.

The fact is some may be watching who won't neccesarily be speedway fans, see it on the prog and say "Hey, I fancy seeing that" and go along to their nearest track.

As a certain supermarket says in their TV ad's "Every little helps."

Oh, and one other thing, it's basically a FREE advert, as speedway probably hasn't had to pay a penny for the exposure.

Edited by The Abbott
  • Like 4

Too bad I'll still be at speedway at that time. :wink:

All good, though.

I didn't realise there was an ITV4. I did know of ITV and ITV3. I'll try and find the Freeview Channel number for this. Will it just be a speedway bike on display or what? - do you have any idea what might be shown?

Will it just be a speedway bike on display or what?

No. Amazingly television can actually show moving pictures these days (colour too). Sadly though Logie Baird is now dead and they don't show the potter's wheel between programmes.

You'll also be amazed to learn that between ITV and ITV3 there is also an ITV2!

• Like 5

No. Amazingly television can actually show moving pictures these days (colour too). Sadly though Logie Baird is now dead and they don't show the potter's wheel between programmes.

You'll also be amazed to learn that between ITV and ITV3 there is also an ITV2!

Rather a droll response! Still, this is the BSF and only to be expected. What I wanted to know will the programme just show displays of motorcycles or - hopefully - also feature action. Obviously, reading your reply you don't know either!

I quite like this show :)

An episode or two back they went to Hagon Shocks.

Don't know if the presenter will be having a go on Speedway bike himself?

In last weeks show he fell on a MotorX bike (doing about 15mph) & did broke his collerbone

Rather a droll response! Still, this is the BSF and only to be expected. What I wanted to know will the programme just show displays of motorcycles or - hopefully - also feature action. Obviously, reading your reply you don't know either!

What programme would show "displays of motorcycles"???? It's a TV show, not photos of pages from Exchange & Mart!

I'm not a regular viewer, but whilst channel hopping the other week I saw "The Motorbike Show" listed, so I watched a bit. It was at a school that teaches road racing, or superbikes, or whatever they call the Barry Sheene type stuff these days.

Obviously next week the presenter will be learning all about Speedway and probably having a go.

From the ITV4 schedule;

Motorbike Show (ITV Series 4), Episode 6

Wednesday 17th July on ITV4 from 9:00pm to 10:00pm

In the last programme, Henry Cole came off his bike during motocross and broke his shoulder so he teams up with a one-legged rider to enter the classic bike Banbury Run. Henry decides to send Pete The Restorer to take his place learning Speedway, and at last the restored Triumph Bonneville is due to be unveiled - provided the engine gets fixed.

I didn't realise there was an ITV4. I did know of ITV and ITV3. I'll try and find the Freeview Channel number for this. Will it just be a speedway bike on display or what? - do you have any idea what might be shown?

It is Channel 24. They show some excellent sports programmes but I can't comment on the Motorbike Show though.

What programme would show "displays of motorcycles"???? It's a TV show, not photos of pages from Exchange & Mart!

I'm not a regular viewer, but whilst channel hopping the other week I saw "The Motorbike Show" listed, so I watched a bit. It was at a school that teaches road racing, or superbikes, or whatever they call the Barry Sheene type stuff these days.

Obviously next week the presenter will be learning all about Speedway and probably having a go.

Thanx!!!! A pity you didn't respond like that in the first case.

From the ITV4 schedule;

Motorbike Show (ITV Series 4), Episode 6

Wednesday 17th July on ITV4 from 9:00pm to 10:00pm

In the last programme, Henry Cole came off his bike during motocross and broke his shoulder so he teams up with a one-legged rider to enter the classic bike Banbury Run. Henry decides to send Pete The Restorer to take his place learning Speedway, and at last the restored Triumph Bonneville is due to be unveiled - provided the engine gets fixed.

An excellent answer. Thank you very much indeed.

I think the heat is making people tetchy on the BSF...you just can't seem to post something without sarcasm being returned. John Leslie, get an air conditioning unit and do us all a favour!

Great, Ill have to tune into that, the more people that do and maybe we will getter better coverage in the future.