British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Glasgow Tigers Pl 12 July 2013

I will stick by my quote from earlier in the season some senior riders are just going through the motions.I think when riders announce they are going to retire at the end of a season their mindset changes even though they think they are still fully committed .Its just one of these things IMO.

Without a doubt they are not going to risk any injury by taking any risks the way a younger rider will definitely going through the motions.

• Like 2

I will stick by my quote from earlier in the season some senior riders are just going through the motions.I think when riders announce they are going to retire at the end of a season their mindset changes even though they think they are still fully committed .Its just one of these things IMO.

Its looking like a Les Collins final season for Screen, difficult to watch!

Away from home he has not been the same rider either this year or last.

Just hope when the season finishes we all remember him for the right reasons.

Superb display by the Edinburgh Monarchs last night with Joe Tabaka an absolute stand out performer which for a team with Cookie in it says a lot.

Solid returns from Theo, Derek and Claus.

Mitchell Davey looked more comfortable tonight but is lacking a bit of race sharpness which is understandable. And no doubt his injury will still be playing its part as well.

And Max put in some stunning work his passes in heat 7 an inside burst under the other 3 riders entering turn 3 had to be seen to be believed. Along with an incredible dual pass with Joe on Andre in heat 14 at the same bend.

Not much for the west coasters to cheer about although Jonas Raun's performance (his first time on the track) was very decent and he may have posed the Glasgow management with a bit of a headache with regards who to drop for the new man.

And Bager who rode well both individually and his team riding in heat 12.

Great to see a large travelling support through from the west and a very friendly atmosphere before during and after the match. Long may it continue.

And a big mention for Doc and his crew who produced a belter of a race strip after a very hot day. No dust, a grippy race surface which offered a great opportunity for both teams to show their skills. Makes a big difference from years of brushing rain water from the surface ;-)

Courtesy of Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1390

• Like 1

Hope the Glasgow promotion are reading the comments on Easy Tiger it appears that fans have had enough in that if the Riders can't be bothered why should they, basically they have had enough off watching that dross and who can blame us it's not cheap going to support your team and to continually be served up nothing in return.

Our not so Captain fantastic has also been criticised for the Public spat with a team mate not a good time to be a Tigger at the minute.

• Like 1

Funnily enough Les always springs to mind for me also.Perhaps senior riders should make these decisions at the end of a season as it always leaves them open to a little criticism ,especially when in Glasgows case the team has been built round them. Edited by Fromafar

Superb display by the Edinburgh Monarchs last night with Joe Tabaka an absolute stand out performer which for a team with Cookie in it says a lot.

Solid returns from Theo, Derek and Claus.

Mitchell Davey looked more comfortable tonight but is lacking a bit of race sharpness which is understandable. And no doubt his injury will still be playing its part as well.

And Max put in some stunning work his passes in heat 7 an inside burst under the other 3 riders entering turn 3 had to be seen to be believed. Along with an incredible dual pass with Joe on Andre in heat 14 at the same bend.

Not much for the west coasters to cheer about although Jonas Raun's performance (his first time on the track) was very decent and he may have posed the Glasgow management with a bit of a headache with regards who to drop for the new man.

And Bager who rode well both individually and his team riding in heat 12.

Great to see a large travelling support through from the west and a very friendly atmosphere before during and after the match. Long may it continue.

And a big mention for Doc and his crew who produced a belter of a race strip after a very hot day. No dust, a grippy race surface which offered a great opportunity for both teams to show their skills. Makes a big difference from years of brushing rain water from the surface ;-)

Courtesy of Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway

http://www.edinburgh...cle.asp?id=1390

I would like to think so but this season will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons if we come to the tapes next year the team structure need's to be right with up & coming riders rather than the riders in there twilight we could do worse than adopt the same team building strategy that the Monarchs use and get right most years.

I have the dubious pleasure of living halfway between Ashfield and Armadiddle. I have ALWAYS supported the Glasgow Tigers. However I now find my wee brain is trying to tell me something. Namely, I am a speedway fan first and foremost. Should I now go East and watch one of the most exciting teams in the league with two of my favourite riders, Cookie and Theo, and some of the best looking young talent in the business? Or wait and see if Tigers can get their thing together ( I haven't been for several weeks now.? )

I am confused. I have form on this, having been brought up to support Glasgow Rangers, then with maturity, I switched to the far superior footballing side, Glasgow Celtic. For the same simple reason, I loved the game and hated the negative, survival football, get the points and stuff the football attitude of Rangers. It's still the same.

I never thought I'd say this but I am genuinely torn now. Go East old man ? Or stick ? Answers on a used £10.

Edited by catseyes

I have the dubious pleasure of living halfway between Ashfield and Armadiddle. I have ALWAYS supported the Glasgow Tigers. However I now find my wee brain is trying to tell me something. Namely, I am a speedway fan first and foremost. Should I now go East and watch one of the most exciting teams in the league with two of my favourite riders, Cookie and Theo, and some of the best looking young talent in the business? Or wait and see if Tigers can get their thing together ( I haven't been for several weeks now.? )

I am confused. I have form on this, having been brought up to support Glasgow Rangers, then with maturity, I switched to the far superior footballing side, Glasgow Celtic. For the same simple reason, I loved the game and hated the negative, survival football, get the points and stuff the football attitude of Rangers. It's still the same.

I never thought I'd say this but I am genuinely torn now. Go East old man ? Or stick ? Answers on a used £10.

If you can do the unthinkable and change from being one of god's blessed to supporting the East End mob then anything's possible you have loyalty issues there I'm afraid :D .

Loyalty issues ? I am nearer 69 than I like to think . Been a Tigers fan since they started, literally, in the 40's. Off and on to be sure due to circumstances, geography etc. Loyalty issues you say ? Aye right .

Loyalty issues ? I am nearer 69 than I like to think . Been a Tigers fan since they started, literally, in the 40's. Off and on to be sure due to circumstances, geography etc. Loyalty issues you say ? Aye right .

I do understand how you feel was yanking your chain regard's Rangers and that other mob but i could never support Edinburgh over Glasgow no matter what i was brought up supporting the tigers not as long as you mind you do what you feel is right but we need as many fan's as possible especially just now.

I have form on this, having been brought up to support Glasgow Rangers,

Good man! You'll do for me!

Visiting Armadale doesn't mean you've changed your colours, once a Tiger always a Tiger.

But I can understand your dilemma. I have to drive past Armadale to get to Ashfield. Watching at Armadale I see speedway. Watching at Ashfield I want my team to win or at least be entertained that added dimension comes into it when you evaluate whether or not it's been value for money when you get home.

Edited by george.m

I would like to think so but this season will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons if we come to the tapes next year the team structure need's to be right with up & coming riders rather than the riders in there twilight we could do worse than adopt the same team building strategy that the Monarchs use and get right most years.

To be fair to the new part of the Glasgow promotion you are not comparing like with like. Edinburgh have a large number of years of experience and a great knowledge of riders from around the world (I actually heard a bit of this first hand last night - very interesting indeed)

Whereas the new guys involved at Glasgow had to start from a lower knowledge base. The team choices at the start of the season did surprise me but I'm sure they didn't get their first choices. Although the BSPA to their credit did challenge a couple of the signings and to be fair they are looking like they were right to do so (nothing against the riders in question).

It is easy to support a winning team and very difficult to support a losing team (we all have experience of both). But what is the alternative for the immediate future - 'no speedway'.

I'd imagine the promotion at Glasgow may be losing a bit of money at the minute (although I don't know this for sure) but perhaps signing a 'rider for the future' may be the way to go i.e. as per Edinburgh's recent past

If that were the case perhaps that would help the promotion hang onto their fans for the remainder of the season. It's always great tracking such a rider's progress.

I honestly feel that a home win or two is on the cards for Glasgow very soon and when that happens hopefully that'll help with a bit more of a feel good factor. Finish the season on a high.

Good man! You'll do for me!

Visiting Armadale doesn't mean you've changed your colours, once a Tiger always a Tiger.

But I can understand your dilemma. I have to drive past Armadale to get to Ashfield. Watching at Armadale I see speedway. Watching at Ashfield I want my team to win or at least be entertained that added dimension comes into it when you evaluate whether or not it's been value for money when you get home.

Think you may have overlooked the part after Glasgow Rangers George it went downhill from there but at least he was honest wrong choice but honest ;) .

To be fair to the new part of the Glasgow promotion you are not comparing like with like. Edinburgh have a large number of years of experience and a great knowledge of riders from around the world (I actually heard a bit of this first hand last night - very interesting indeed)

Whereas the new guys involved at Glasgow had to start from a lower knowledge base. The team choices at the start of the season did surprise me but I'm sure they didn't get their first choices. Although the BSPA to their credit did challenge a couple of the signings and to be fair they are looking like they were right to do so (nothing against the riders in question).

It is easy to support a winning team and very difficult to support a losing team (we all have experience of both). But what is the alternative for the immediate future - 'no speedway'.

I'd imagine the promotion at Glasgow may be losing a bit of money at the minute (although I don't know this for sure) but perhaps signing a 'rider for the future' may be the way to go i.e. as per Edinburgh's recent past

If that were the case perhaps that would help the promotion hang onto their fans for the remainder of the season. It's always great tracking such a rider's progress.

I honestly feel that a home win or two is on the cards for Glasgow very soon and when that happens hopefully that'll help with a bit more of a feel good factor. Finish the season on a high.

As ever word's of wisdom but if you have been watching our home performances lately home win's are not going to happen with this team unless we strengthen which may be on the cards.

• Like 1

As ever word's of wisdom but if you have been watching our home performances lately home win's are not going to happen with this team unless we strengthen which may be on the cards.

I think there is a good chance.