500cc

Daniel Spiller

250cc

Zach Wajtknecht

125cc

Kyle Bickley

Good luck to all riders. Stay safe

Have a great day. Very good to see young ones coming on like this

Hope it's a great day for all involved. Had hoped to be there myself but alas looks like I won't be able to make it.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Was a good afternoon of racing the boys were very keen even when there was a falling off they were quick to clear the track where possible the 'bigger' boys could do well to watch and learn. Shame the crowd was small the 500cc final was very hard fought great one to watch !

Was a good afternoon of racing the boys were very keen even when there was a falling off they were quick to clear the track where possible the 'bigger' boys could do well to watch and learn. Shame the crowd was small the 500cc final was very hard fought great one to watch !

I do not want to be accused of belittling the event with this query - far from it - but is there a 'guestimate' of spectators attending. Thank you very much.

Result??

500cc

Nathan Greaves

Daniel Spiller

Connor Mountain

Reece Downes

250cc

Zach Wajknecht

Callum Walker

Ethan Spiller

Lewis Whitmore

125cc

Kyle Bickley

Tom Brennan

Sam Stead

Henry Atkins

I do not want to be accused of belittling the event with this query - far from it - but is there a 'guestimate' of spectators attending. Thank you very much.

100 give or take a few and most were friends and family I'd guess with a few regular speedway fans.

100 give or take a few and most were friends and family I'd guess with a few regular speedway fans.

That's not bad. Your description of crowd composition reminds of when my two sons played schoolboy football - those crwods were mainly made up of friends and family of the players.

Good result for the German/Kent guys.Bet Eastbourne is a bit different to what they are used to

• Like 1

I have been to several of these meetings i the last few years and I have to say fans don't realise what they are missing out on. There is good racing from these youngsters who give it their all and a great atmosphere. I haven't been to one this year due to other speedway commitments but I would urge speedway fans if you have a meeting at a track near you please go, it's worth every penny.

Edited by RumOldBird
  • Like 1

Hi all !! :)

Just to say we (the Spillers) came to Eastbourne to gain the experience of riding on tracks which are a bit different to the fast and grippy "motorways" we generally have here in Germany. We wanted also to ride against different riders enables us to judge where we are at and how to improve.

It is no surprise to me that Germany produces excellent longtrack riders but is a bit lean on top level speedway riders !

Eastbourne is certainly very different to the tracks we have here and we were a bit shocked when we arrived !!

The day was a very good experience for us all. The boys (and the mechanics) learnt a lot and that was our goal. We had a few set up problems early on and were on the totally wrong ratio in training but that soon got sorted and we got down to some very fun racing with all other riders involved.

Congratulations not only to those who were in front of us but also to all other riders. We have been racing for around nine years and now and again you have to take a step back and look at the whole thing a bit differently. Sure we all want to win but take a look at what the kids are doing and even those who aren't on the podium are putting in 100% effort and trying their best. Respect to all who have the bottle to do what the kids are doing.

And thank you also to the guys (and gals) behind the scenes organising such championshiops and single events for the kids.

We are back in the UK again for the next round in Scunthorpe and we hope to make a few more friends there as well.

Hope to see you all and dont be frightened to have a chat - We may be living in Germany but can still speak the lingo !!

And remember - Stay safe and have fun.......

• Like 6