British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jayne

Buxton V Kings Lynn 14/7/13

Buxton take on the Kings Lynn stars on Sunday looking for their first league points of the season. Raffle tickets on sale to win a pair of tickets to the World Cup event at Kings Lynn on Monday courtesy of Biker FM. £5 a ticket or 3 for £10 all proceeds to the air fence fund.

Edited by Jayne

This thread has the wrong month!

Buxton V Kings Lynn 14/8/13

Oops sorry - changed now

Oops sorry - changed now

It's nothing to worry about. I have made many similar mistakes over the years it's what they used to call "the error of the fat finger" - hitting the wrong keyboard and not noticing it. I've done it many times over the years.

I hope you have a good and enjoyable match today. At least it's unlikely to rain according to the weather foecasts.

Edited by Guest

Today Lynn team

1 Stevie Worrall R/R

2 Luke Chessell (G)

3 Darren Mallett Capt

4 Shane Waldron.

5 Max Clegg (G)

6 Aaron Mogridge (G)

7 Shane Hazelden.

Where were Worrall and Rose?

Talk about gift Buxton 3 points. :o

• Like 1

Rose has a cracked rib, out for a couple of weeks apparently. Worrall was injured last night at Leicester.

I make Buxton's averages:

Wright 11.81

Atkin 7.75 (unchanged)

McKinna 6.54

Williamson 3.81

Carr 3.61 (unchanged)

Blacklock 3.51 (unchanged)

Woolley 3.00

I have to ask, but why is this allowed as LEGAL?

Average-wise the team fits but it would be good to know where Worrall & Kerr were, if we assume Lambert was in Germany.

Edited by Islander15

Kerr is reserve for Newcastle at the Fours today.

Looking at the updates from Leicester last night it seems like Worrall (guesting for Edberg) had a couple of falls so could have picked up a knock.

• Like 1

Well, it gave Max a run out for Dudley and gave the KL ultimate RINGER a day off in Germany to play with being an U16 International with a very false NL average. Pity that the ringer will be used when it suites KL as opposed to today! No bad feelings as it fits KL's Play Off/KO Cup options!

Dreadful spectacle and utter waste of money, not to mention best part of an 8-hour round trip. Nobody's fault I guess, with King's Lynn being so understrength, although team manager Malcolm Vasey did his best to keep us in touch with his choices for TR rides. Couldn't make out the PA system at all on the 3rd/4th bend, because when the announcer spoke it was quite audible......when he could get it to work, but when the centre-green presenter spoke, he couldn't be heard at all, even when they bothered to turn the music off. I should imagine it must be a real struggle for the management at the moment in trying to get things like this put right, as they are trying desperately hard to raise the funds for an air fence, and that can't be easy on their crowd levels, as I've never seen them so low. I wish them luck though, and will say that this is the first time in all the years they've been running, that I've not enjoyed my visit.

"Team Manager" Malcolm Vasey - even a guest team manager, along with the "team", should Kings Lynn be allowed to continue in the National League!!!!!!!!!