British Speedway Forum
oli2uok

Bz Carb

Hi all

I have a problem with my BZ carb sending to much fuel into the engine! It's not flooding over I.e out of the overflow tubes.

When the bike Is running i notice methanol coming out of exhaust. Bike is back firing and running terrible.. Carb is set up ok floats in right way and that. Anyone had this problem? Does anyone know who can fix it?

Any info wound help.

Cheers

• Like 1

I think with a bz it has to do with the needle setting. There are 4 or 5 notches on the needle with a clip on one of them. Try moving the clip so it doesnt let so much fuel through. This is as far as I know but havent delt with a bz for a good few years so I may be mistaken

I had this problem and it turned out to be a common fault with bz's of the float sticking, had the same advice off a few people and turned out to work well, start the bike with the fuel off and choke on then take the choke off and turn the fuel on and give the carb a couple of taps with a spammer or something like that to try and free the float, don't hit it too hard but hit it hard enough to free the float, this worked for me and never had the same problem again after I started doing this

Hi all!

I have same bz carb. from every overlow tubes come methanol, and also come methanol from the silencer. 1 litre methanol is not enough for some minutes during the warming up the bike. so have you got a pictures about the carb settings, so i would like to fix it myself. thanks Marek

Check your float level. The fuel should come up to the level of the joint on the bowl when viewed through the vent pipe. A worn float jet can also cause the problem, rough edges on the float and rubber plunger worn....just replace it.

The previous advice about sticking floats also can happen....give it a wack with handle of a screwdriver does it for me.

Brass floats are also better than the plastic ones. Joe Hughes International for spares.