British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Wimbledon Stadium: Some Important News

Cant believe so many people are biting to "IvehadtomanySNACKS" posts!

He comes on here to simply disagree with the majority to cause a stir.

Hes very much the same as the white knight, a fat sad old man who hasnt had a bit of fun in decades so comes on a forum to argue with people.

Hes very much the same as the white knight, a fat sad old man who hasnt had a bit of fun in decades so comes on a forum to argue with people.

An interesting comment at a critical time for the stadium's future. However, I cannot see a LIVE Link to - IvehadtomanySNACKS - or the message you are probably refering to. One of my first speedway meetings was at Wimbledon in 1948 when Wembley defeated Belle Vue in a National League match and the American star Wilbur Lamoreaux made a return to British racing after nine years absence.

I would NOT tar TWK with the same brush, as the poster you are referring to. TWK, in my opinion, offers only honest thoughts and suggestions.

• Like 1

I would NOT tar TWK with the same brush, as the poster you are referring to. TWK, in my opinion, offers only honest thoughts and suggestions.

I agree with you Ray Stadia. But can you 'solve a mystery' for me - what or who is IvehadtomanySNACK? I cannot see a Poster of this name mentioned anywhere. Cheers mate - and I still recall the old days on Old Time Speedway Yahoo around 2008!

Sadly, our old friend TWK has quit the BSF.

Edited by Guest

I agree with you Ray Stadia. But can you 'solve a mystery' for me - what or who is IvehadtomanySNACK? I cannot see a Poster of this name mentioned anywhere. Cheers mate - and I still recall the old days on Old Time Speedway Yahoo around 2008!

Sadly, our old friend TWK has quit the BSF.

Mr Snackette, I believe. I hope he hasn't quit for good.

Edited by Ray Stadia

Mr Snackette, I believe. I hope he hasn't quit for good.

I assume you mean TWK. Sadly it seems he has decided to make it a complete break with the BSF.

Edited by Guest

I assume you mean TWK. Sadly it seems he has decided to make it a complete break with the BSF.

No, Mr Snackette, I believe, is the member Pinny is referring to. And yes, I was referring to it being a shame TWK has decided to quit. Perhaps it will be temporary.

If I see something as appalling as his post which went way past any standard of decency in a speedway forum I will tell him what I think of him and his posting. I leave the pathetic 'fishing and biting' rubbish to those who haven't got anything better to do.

Still, it gives you the rare chance to seem clever, doesn't it?

• Like 1

If I see something as appalling as his post which went way past any standard of decency in a speedway forum I will tell him what I think of him and his posting. I leave the pathetic 'fishing and biting' rubbish to those who haven't got anything better to do.

Still, it gives you the rare chance to seem clever, doesn't it?

The most appalling post on this forum ever was the member who posted on the day a family member died and played upon the fact.

A disgusting act and one that deserved a beating from any sane person, let alone a ban from the forum.

Hi Rob.

Edited by The Doctor...

I know most users of this forum detest stock car racing but thought it worth a mention that the Wimbledon Stadium promoters, Spedeworth Motorsport, are now carrying information about the petition to keep the venue active.

http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/news.php

Edited by Guest

This comment re Wimbledon Stadium and Merton Council is currently running on Facebook:

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-save-wimbledon-stadium-from-demolition-save-oval-racing-in-london/u/14865722?recruiter=153990645&utm_source=share_update&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=facebook_link

The text of the message reads:

Peter Gray
London, United Kingdom

7 Jan 2016 — In a shocking development yesterday, it seems that Merton Borough Council really do not think of us as anymore than an inconvenience - Nice!

Sight of the report they issued from their now infamous 10th December meeting shows that in the larger scheme of things 'We Don't Matter'.

We don't say this lightly, but as a honest summary of the 266 page document, where Stock Car Racing was only mentioned in one sentence. Yes ONE SENTENCE!

Anybody who thought we would be given a fair hearing because of our history and heritage at the site needs to reassess their opinion very quickly.

For us to go any further in this process we need to show them that we do matter, and that we do count.

We can only do this with the strength of 10,000 names on the petition.

We need 10,000 names, and we need them URGENTLY.

It is now time for EVERY racer, fan, family member across the country to sign this petition. Excuses are no longer accepted.

If you care about racing, show the bureaucrats that WE DO MATTER.

Edited by Guest

This comment re Wimbledon Stadium and Merton Council is currently running on Facebook:

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-save-wimbledon-stadium-from-demolition-save-oval-racing-in-london/u/14865722?recruiter=153990645&utm_source=share_update&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=facebook_link

The text of the message reads:

Peter Gray
London, United Kingdom

7 Jan 2016 — In a shocking development yesterday, it seems that Merton Borough Council really do not think of us as anymore than an inconvenience - Nice!

Sight of the report they issued from their now infamous 10th December meeting shows that in the larger scheme of things 'We Don't Matter'.

We don't say this lightly, but as a honest summary of the 266 page document, where Stock Car Racing was only mentioned in one sentence. Yes ONE SENTENCE!

Anybody who thought we would be given a fair hearing because of our history and heritage at the site needs to reassess their opinion very quickly.

For us to go any further in this process we need to show them that we do matter, and that we do count.

We can only do this with the strength of 10,000 names on the petition.

We need 10,000 names, and we need them URGENTLY.

It is now time for EVERY racer, fan, family member across the country to sign this petition. Excuses are no longer accepted.

If you care about racing, show the bureaucrats that WE DO MATTER.

What does the one sentence say please?

What does the one sentence say please?

you do realise you're replying to your own post ?

i would think the one sentence will be found on a recently hidden thread regarding the merits of stock car racing.

JACK KEEN,

PENGE

(i've moved now)

I thought greyhound racing's attitude to Galliard Homes' grip on the Greyhound Racing Association (and, therefore, the great likelihood of as many dwellings as possible being built on the stadium site) was hopelessly naive.

But at least that sport's been campaigning about the situation for a few years even if it's often looked like doomed campaigning.

So how come the stock car lobby are only just cottoning on to the gravity of the whole saga and urgently chasing 10,000 signatures to their petition ? !! ... where was any noise from this lobby when, last February, the greyhound industry (plenty of representatives of the Irish breeding/training angles included) descended on London's City Hall for a widely-praised "Show of Passion" to keep their activity going at Wimbledon Stadium ? !!

That's a hell of an achievement by the GRA landlords if they've managed to keep the stock car mob so unaware of the overall situation for so long.