British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Dragons - 21st July

If you're referring to the old 'Conference League,'it does get plenty of encouragement for it is now known at the National League of course having replaced the Conference League back in 2009.

Edited by Bryn

If you're referring to the old 'Conference League,'it does get plenty of encouragement for it is now known at the National League of course having replaced the Conference League back in 2009.

I am indeed referring to the old Conference League - when Wimbledon was my focus of interest.

I don't think either of the spectators were offended by the team names :lol:

Are you saying that besides Bryn there MAY have been only one other spectator? I don't believe that at all to be the case.

Edited by Guest

You can believe what you want 'gustix' but I would firstly point out that I wasn't a spectator as I was, as I usually am at meetings organised by both the Dragons and STRA amateur clubs when other commitments permit, the announcer in the officials box at the Norfolk Arena alongside the referee and incident recorder / timekeeper.

These clubs simply hire the tracks and organise meetings for their club members to ride in, not to attract spectators.

Are you saying that besides Bryn there MAY have been only one other spectator? I don't believe that at all to be the case.

You can believe what you want 'gustix' but I would firstly point out that I wasn't a spectator as I was, as I usually am at meetings organised by both the Dragons and STRA amateur clubs when other commitments permit, the announcer in the officials box at the Norfolk Arena alongside the referee and incident recorder / timekeeper.

These clubs simply hire the tracks and organise meetings for their club members to ride in, not to attract spectators.

Profuse - most profuse - apologies. I know nothing about this branch of speedway and had no idea that you bore the burden of officialdom on your shoulders at these events. :oops:

Yes 'gustix' there were and always are some supporters there. In fact if you were to check out Scunthorpe, & Northside you'd find they they get quite a few attending. I know for a fact that one family travel from Peterborough to Northside meetings, and they don't have any family members involved, they are purely supporters.

It was just a joke!!!!!!