British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

As has already been pointed out Cardiff is only available a certain times of the year,come the beginning of October you`ve got the football and rugby season up and running so thats a non-starter.The GP season has to end somewhere and Torun seems as good a place as any.

As has already been pointed out Cardiff is only available a certain times of the year,come the beginning of October you`ve got the football and rugby season up and running so thats a non-starter.The GP season has to end somewhere and Torun seems as good a place as any.

Oh FFS. Forget Cardiff. I asked the question why do Poland get the 'finale' every year.

I hope it is not automatically offered to Poland, and other nations are given the option to request it, should they want to, or have availability to host. Be that, Cardiff, Denmark, Sweden etc.

Have the SWC run-off and final been confirmed for Bydgoszcz?

Looks like it on page 1 but can't see it anywhere else. Thanks.

ONE necessity at that time of the year is a roof ...

And Parken is used by FC Copenhague and Denmark national football team

And Friends Arena is used by AIK Solna and Sweden national football team.

Therefore if we are talking a roof, pretty much leaves Torun.

And Parken is used by FC Copenhague and Denmark national football team

And Friends Arena is used by AIK Solna and Sweden national football team.

Therefore if we are talking a roof, pretty much leaves Torun.

Regarding Friends Arena I don't think that there would be any problems with using it at a later date.

As has already been pointed out Cardiff is only available a certain times of the year,come the beginning of October you`ve got the football and rugby season up and running so that's a non-starter.

I'm not entirely sure that I believe the Millennium couldn't be used for speedway in September and October. There's only a couple of home international football fixtures in that period, approximately 6 weeks apart, and the Autumn rugby fixtures don't start until November.

By contrast, Parken hosts FC Copenhagen and the Friends Arena hosts AIK Stockholm, but I don't really see the Millennium being used for much else.

The track isn't narrow..they have taken in the apex of the turns..and plenty of room going in....it will be a great race track

The track isn't narrow..they have taken in the apex of the turns..and plenty of room going in....it will be a great race track

Lets hope so, really! It's 10 meters wide on the straights, and 14 from the bends. I might be wrong about the bends, but thats a number I remember reading somewhere. With those figures it's 98 meters longer than Poole and 2 shorter than Ullevi.

Regarding the apex of the turns... CHECK this out and then look at the pic Chris is quoting. The "Tampere" text can be seen on both pics at roughly the same place between turns 1 and 2.

EDIT: It was here.

Edited by f-s-p

Why have they laid it now and not just before the GP.

Its because of the severe winters in Finland...the base, and initial top surafce goes in before the frosts and deep snow.

That's the main structural work done, as was in progress when I was at the stadium 2 weeks ago...impressive stadium and shape.

When they get to spring all they have to do is to let teh natural frosts come out, then finish off the man job...thats same principle as operated in Sweden on existing tracks.

Its because of the severe winters in Finland...the base, and initial top surafce goes in before the frosts and deep snow.

That's the main structural work done, as was in progress when I was at the stadium 2 weeks ago...impressive stadium and shape.

When they get to spring all they have to do is to let teh natural frosts come out, then finish off the man job...thats same principle as operated in Sweden on existing tracks.

Thanks. It will probably be cold in May too.