British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

At times...

Usually in the sauna with a bottle of koskenkorva.Then you sort out all the speedway problems i guess lol Edited by iris123

Usually in the sauna with a bottle of koskenkorva.Then you sort out all the speedway problems i guess lol

All that Koskenkorva is waiting for you to come and try my sauna... Cant even imagine (dont want to experience) how one would feel drinking Kossu in sauna... :lol:

• Like 2

Wouldnt lose any sleep over those pics.

Once they get started with the renovation, it's plain sailing till it's done. The GP is in August, and they had new material already in Daugavpils for this years meeting... Even if someone pulls the plug by mid July, they'll just transfer it to Daugavpils... Really cant see any problem over this, though it looks pretty bad.

You have to wonder how this can be financially viable though, by the time the 'stadium' has been brought up to any sort of standard. Daugavpils already has a neat little stadium and seems to draw reasonable crowds for a minor speedway nation, so what's to be gained from this venture?

Yes, Riga is a nice city and might draw a few more international fans, but enough to justify basically having to construct a temporary stadium and track. This is quite before you consider what sort of standard it's going to be...

All that Koskenkorva is waiting for you to come and try my sauna... Cant even imagine (dont want to experience) how one would feel drinking Kossu in sauna... :lol:

Koskenkorva in Finland - 30 Pounds

Koskenkorva in Riga - can find less 10 Pounds

The choice is clear

p.s. Also we have a sauna, but it called - russian banya

You have to wonder how this can be financially viable though, by the time the 'stadium' has been brought up to any sort of standard. Daugavpils already has a neat little stadium and seems to draw reasonable crowds for a minor speedway nation, so what's to be gained from this venture?

Yes, Riga is a nice city and might draw a few more international fans, but enough to justify basically having to construct a temporary stadium and track. This is quite before you consider what sort of standard it's going to be...

http://forum.speedway.ru/index.php/topic/14232-sgp-2014/page__st__300

post 310

You can see Riga stadium condition in present

• Like 1

Koskenkorva in Finland - 30 Pounds

Koskenkorva in Riga - can find less 10 Pounds

The choice is clear

p.s. Also we have a sauna, but it called - russian banya

http://forum.speedway.ru/index.php/topic/14232-sgp-2014/page__st__300

post 310

You can see Riga stadium condition in present

Hey Vlad, I think you need to be registered at that forum to be able to view the pictures.

Looks a complete mess to me is there time to knock the whole lot down and re-build ?they surely can't hold a SGP in this stadium - Wroclaw Bydgoszcz and Vojens has all lost SGP in recent years because the stadium wasn't up to standard none of those stadiums are the worlds best but they are all more than capable of holding a SGP as Bydgoszcz held a GP this year and Vojens are back in 2014 . The pictures of this stadium make the old Reading stadium look a plush venue .

Riga track today

5590e8bb6f3c.jpg

4c99c9180675.jpg

4c6966e87645.jpg

Track surface - crushed dolomite from Norway. color original (light green/blue)
Lines width - 11 meters. turns width - 14-15 meters. total track length of about 380 meters (that's my measurements. they may not be accurate)

• Like 1

Wow, perhaps i should have checked these pictures out before booking my hotel in Riga. :o Got a good deal though and I'm sure it will be fine!

They tried drinking Vodka and bathing in a sauna in Germany a few weeks back and made headlines in Finland as well. No happy thoughts involved, I'm sticking to my original no-go attitude...

• Like 1

What i read they didn't drink the vodka,they poured it onto the sauna and breathe in the vapours.Not a sauna expert,but in the news they said this was how some people get their kicks........????Turned out tragic in this case

Anyone in the know........is the Cardiff GP tapes up time confirmed yet?

Fingers crossed for 1700.

We've plans to stay in Bristol for a change from the decade or so in Cardiff and it's environs but no way to get there by train at 2230 if tapes up go back to the original 1900.

Edited by Joseq7

Anyone in the know........is the Cardiff GP tapes up time confirmed yet?

Fingers crossed for 1700.

We've plans to stay in Bristol for a change from the decade or so in Cardiff and it's environs but no way to get there by train at 2230 if tapes up go back to the original 1900.

WILL enquire but I doubt whether it will go back to 19.00. More likely to stay at 18.00...

Edited by PHILIPRISING