British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

People of BSF I need some advice, I`m going to this years Prague GP. A bit of travel advice is what I`m after, best way to get from Airport to Hotel, best way to get round Prague, best way of getting up to Marketa Stadiun and costs involved. I cant keep asking my friend Alan as I think he is sick of me already, so any advice would be appreciated as I`m sure some of you would've been there before and know the do`s and don'ts.

The last few times I went I have used the bus and trams to get everywhere. You can get daily tickets for under £4 for 24 hours (remember to validate the first time you get on the bus/tram). The airport bus goes from the airport to the end of the metro lines. From there you can get on the metro or the trams to anywhere. The metro station at Dejvicka has maps of all the tram lines and the trams go right up to stadium.

The main line to stadium is very busy but the is another line on the other side of the stadium which is much quieter.

Some info can be found here

http://www.pragueexperience.com/travel_flights/public-transport.asp

People of BSF I need some advice, I`m going to this years Prague GP. A bit of travel advice is what I`m after, best way to get from Airport to Hotel, best way to get round Prague, best way of getting up to Marketa Stadiun and costs involved. I cant keep asking my friend Alan as I think he is sick of me already, so any advice would be appreciated as I`m sure some of you would've been there before and know the do`s and don'ts.

Tram no to catch is 22 getting off at Vypich. One other thing-Prague is one of the pick-pocket hot spots of Europe-be very careful with your money.

Tram no to catch is 22 getting off at Vypich. One other thing-Prague is one of the pick-pocket hot spots of Europe-be very careful with your money.

Believe me, and those who know me can verify this, I have been ultra careful with my money for over 40 summers now. :D

Better news regarding Riga's staging of the Latvian GP, there has been considerable acceleration in the renovation. Wooden seats have been removed and plastic ones installed with a capacity of 7,500. The rotting seats were one of the awful photographs seen earlier this year so it's great news that they have ripped them out.

A nice promotion on the hosting track's site https://www.bksb.lv/en/speedway-returns-to-bikernieki-race-track/

Better news regarding Riga's staging of the Latvian GP, there has been considerable acceleration in the renovation. Wooden seats have been removed and plastic ones installed with a capacity of 7,500. The rotting seats were one of the awful photographs seen earlier this year so it's great news that they have ripped them out.

A nice promotion on the hosting track's site https://www.bksb.lv/en/speedway-returns-to-bikernieki-race-track/

7 riders in that pic... Hope they really know what they are doing... :lol: