Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

Easyjet fly from Edinburgh to Prague,depart Thursday come back Monday £118,thats including insurance and booking in bags etc.

As you posted I had just found it-go Friday back Monday £90-much more money for beer-1 less night in hotel. :approve: still plenty of time to see everything. Edited by racers and royals

As you posted I had just found it-go Friday back Monday £90-much more money for beer-1 less night in hotel. :approve: still plenty of time to see everything.

Dont worry there`ll be plenty of money for drink.I might wait till the start of next season,the guy I sit next to at Berwick (good evening Alan) helps organise the trips for Travel-Plus,I`ll have a word with him.

EFFORTS are being made to improve the track at the Marketa in Prague. Hopefully they will bear fruit...

Didn't you say the same thing two years ago Phil?

Unless they rip the whole track up and open up the entry to the bends it won't get any better and will continue to bore everyone to tears.

• Like 2

If the Auckland GP was rained off on the Saturday would they retry to stage it on the Sunday? I'm just trying to organise my flights.

If the Auckland GP was rained off on the Saturday would they retry to stage it on the Sunday? I'm just trying to organise my flights.

yes they would

Didn't you say the same thing two years ago Phil?

Unless they rip the whole track up and open up the entry to the bends it won't get any better and will continue to bore everyone to tears.

I DID but Pavel Ondrasik, son of Petr, is much more pro-active than his dad in that respect. The Marketa used to produce some good racing years ago so the potential is there.

I DID but Pavel Ondrasik, son of Petr, is much more pro-active than his dad in that respect. The Marketa used to produce some good racing years ago so the potential is there.

As has been debated on other threads on this forum it might have more to do with the changes in the bikes rather than the circuit itself,still looking forward to my trip over to Prague though.

EFFORTS are being made to improve the track at the Marketa in Prague. Hopefully they will bear fruit...

With respect Phil we see this statement issued every year and frankly nothing changes, I know its your job to give the "next year will be better" but nobody is buying it anymore.The only reason the Marketta is on the GP calender is because it is in Prague ! History tells us Prague (great city) Marketta (poor racing)

IT'S not my job at all but along with others had a long conversation with Pavel Ondrasik about the track after the SWC this year. As I said, he is much more pro-active than his dad and is determined to make some improvements. There are things they can and cannot do regarding the shape but Pavel is well aware that a better racing surface will put more bums on seats especially now that the Poles just don't turn up in their droves.

IT'S not my job at all but along with others had a long conversation with Pavel Ondrasik about the track after the SWC this year. As I said, he is much more pro-active than his dad and is determined to make some improvements. There are things they can and cannot do regarding the shape but Pavel is well aware that a better racing surface will put more bums on seats especially now that the Poles just don't turn up in their droves.

My youngest son who lives in Prague with his family was most impressed by the amount of poster displays for this year's Czech Grand Prix.

Edited by Guest

Flights & hotel booked for Prague 2014,just waiting for the tickets to come out,lets all hope for my sake at least that they find improvements in the racing at the Marketa for next May.

I thought the racing at the World Cup race off and final in Prague this year was exceptionally good (for Prague). It is not a great track, but it isn't that bad either.

We had our honeymoon in prague & took in the gp the year sayfutinov won as a rookie. Nice stadium ,great food ,great beer ,met most of the riders hancock & dryml an absolute delight (dryml wasn't riding )just met him in the crowd. As for the track well its big & flat like swindon & like swindon iMO dosent provide the best lines for overtaking BUT what a weekernd cracking place prague.

After my resent trip to the Czech Golden helmet weekend the question I have is why oh why do SGP even bother with the Marketa ? Pardubice is a far better race track and Stadium - would be a far better venue for the GP

• Like 1