British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

So are we to assume that Tampere will replace Gothenburg and that Finlands GP will be use Got's May date?

Great, now we're just waiting for a NL GP. ;) Was it Arnhem that you said was most suitable?

I think that might be a bridge too far ! :wink:

• Like 1

So are we to assume that Tampere will replace Gothenburg and that Finlands GP will be use Got's May date?

Nothing confirmed about dates yet but I hope that Tampere does NOT replace Gothenburg. I'd like to see "Gothenburg" getting returned to Malilla. Would love to go on a trip that combines a Malilla GP with some Swedish league racing.

Nothing confirmed about dates yet but I hope that Tampere does NOT replace Gothenburg. I'd like to see "Gothenburg" getting returned to Malilla. Would love to go on a trip that combines a Malilla GP with some Swedish league racing.

WOULDN'T be surprised if you got your wish...

WOULDN'T be surprised if you got your wish...

Watching the Swedish league match from Malilla on Tuesday on TV,i couldn`t see that any of the rumoured stadium upgrades have started yet.

Målilla is good track but the thing that I dislike with it that its too isolated. Limited accommodations, limited public transport and etc...

Målilla is good track but the thing that I dislike with it that its too isolated. Limited accommodations, limited public transport and etc...

In that case it`s got to be the Eskilstuna Motorstadion :lol: (held GP IN 2005,6 AND 7) Edited by racers and royals

In that case it`s got to be the Eskilstuna Motorstadion :lol: (held GP IN 2005,6 AND 7)

no thanks too expensive for the club and the GPs really ruined the track. Finally it seem like they have managed to get in back in order.

But the parking lot have been ruined by a go cart track and the city is really slow with building news one around the track,

And to think that the SGP acolytes suggest that World Finals held in the middle of nowhere were responsible for its demise...

THE demise of the old style World Final was brought about by the fact that outside of Great Britain (and its opposition wasn't strong) the major speedway nations within the FIM wanted to switch to a Grand Prix style championship like most other disciplines. The most influential figures at that time were Jos Vaessen (FIM President), Gunter Sorber (CCP President) and Ole Olsen and they were hell bent on going down that road but (and I attended CCP meetings at the Congresses in those days) they also had the support of countries like Poland, Sweden and Germany.

THE demise of the old style World Final was brought about by the fact that outside of Great Britain (and its opposition wasn't strong) the major speedway nations within the FIM wanted to switch to a Grand Prix style championship like most other disciplines. The most influential figures at that time were Jos Vaessen (FIM President), Gunter Sorber (CCP President) and Ole Olsen and they were hell bent on going down that road but (and I attended CCP meetings at the Congresses in those days) they also had the support of countries like Poland, Sweden and Germany.

Democracy in action eh? Well, we British should have defended our Imperial ways more shouldn't we? How dare the Swedes and the Germans, not to mention the others, impose their will on us. We're British for gods sake. Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo, two world wars and one world cup and all that. Where were Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher when all this was going on? They wouldn't have let all these out-landers tell us how to have a World Championship. Pah! :rofl:

Democracy in action eh? Well, we British should have defended our Imperial ways more shouldn't we? How dare the Swedes and the Germans, not to mention the others, impose their will on us. We're British for gods sake. Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo, two world wars and one world cup and all that. Where were Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher when all this was going on? They wouldn't have let all these out-landers tell us how to have a World Championship. Pah! :rofl:

LIKE it ...

Ahhh! never realized that, or at least with regards public transportation. How have they coped in the past with capacity or near capacity crowds with regards to traffic congestion etc. Do the local inhabitants (hopefully not consisting merely of forest wildlife lol) welcome the extra trade or are they annoyed at the 'inconvinience'? Mind you it's such a small township that i'm not sure what trade they hav eto offer?

EDIT

Just glanced at your excellent Swedish tracks page on Google Earth, and yeah i remember looking at the aerial foto before. Incidentally a little suggestion would you not consider it even further useful to add the relevant Wikipedia page for the tracks localities (and/or team) to the info pop-up?

Edited by manchesterpaul