British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

Around 21st March 2013 was the date they announced the start time as I started the forum topic on that date.

THAT probably had something to do with not knowing which TV company would be covering the GPs ... think the start time will be known earlier this time around.

NO I don't ... believe they are still trying to get permission from the council to relax the noise restrictions and allow a later start.

Bill Buckley of Western Springs is reported as being involved in a project to launch a universal midget car world championship. Races will take place in USA, Australia and New Zealand with a likelihood South Africa will also participate from 2015. In a press release, Western Springs is named as the main NZ centre involved.

Is the cost of the transportation of drivers, crews, cars and equipment likely to have any impact on Springs' future budgeting for the Speedway GP after the 2014 season?

Anyway, isn't 2014 the last Speedway GP for Springs under the current three year arrangement?

www.speedcarworld.com.au/release.asp?NewsId=48170#.Uh-ZteCGklI

Edited by Guest

YES it is but Buckley now has an extension of his agreement with Auckland city officials to run motorsports at Western Springs and the speedway meeting comes at the end of the car season. Really depends on how long his love affair with the speedway event continues. Don't think money is a major issue for him.

Does anybody know if Copenhagen will be on the calendar next year, there was some doubt early in the year.

Edited by eric i

Tickets for nz gps on sale tomorrow. Same prices as last year. looks like a 6pm start time which is good news fir those who prefer speedway under lights and for those viewing from the UK.

Just hoping it is not the last one.

Edited by waihekeaces1

I'd say any of the Polish venues.

It was Bydgoszcz this year and Leszno for 2010-2012