British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

Malilla back for 2014?

http://www.barometer...014(3943001).gm

Meh I don't really care tbh, good venue but totally in the middle of nowhere and extremely boring surroundings

if you want to do something else then the GP. Personally there would have been enough with just the Stockholm GP.

Grand Prix should should be held in cities not in remote villages in the middle of the forest.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Meh I don't really care tbh, good venue but totally in the middle of nowhere and extremely boring surroundings

if you want to do something else then the GP. Personally there would have been enough with just the Stockholm GP.

Grand Prix should should be held in cities not in remote villages in the middle of the forest.

Great track and tidy venue, but after visiting Malilla a couple of years ago for a GP, I would question a return.

Literally in the middle of a forest with no life about for miles!

surely its about the speedway & on a dry day the track at Mallila is as good as it gets.

Perhaps for you but not for me.

For me the racing is not all that matters, of course its important but there is other things that also are important.

I just don't want to spend 3½ hours travelling to Målilla by car and then 3½ hours back home a just a few hours later.

Public transport means over a 5 hour journey which is even less desirable.

I usually like to spend some time in the area when going to a Grand Prix but the Målilla areas is totally uninteresting and to sparsely populated area.

Small villages and few smaller towns but not really anything to see and do except for the GP. A 7+ hour journey for 23 minutes of action? No thanks.

Also the weather in Målilla is to unreliable, the Småland highlands are in general more rain prone then the area around Stockholm.

Also in Stockholm even if the weather is rainy there is lots to do and the stadium got a roof, in Målilla if the weather is bad the racing will be muddy and

there is absolutely zero things to do which means that the entire trip would be a waste of time and money.

I had originally planned to spend the entire weekend in Stockholm during this weekend but unfortunately it wasn't possible this year.

As I said, I think the GPs belong in reasonable big cities rather then in some remote village in the middle of nowhere where there basically

is a super market but nothing else. A typical "håla" as we say in Swedish. ;)

I've driven there three times from Cardiff which is a 2500 mile round trip & I don't think I've wasted my time. I would also rather travel to a proper track in the UK than a put down track in my home town.

Edited by Paragon

According to Race magazine Paul Bellamy from BSI says that there will be two Grand Prixs in Sweden next year.

the Swedish Gp have still not been decided about and both Ullevi and Målilla is still in contention.

He says that BSI have several different options regarding contract length. Either a short or long term contract with either of

the tracks or they will do some alternating between the tracks from year to year.

The article also says that he have been in contact with Smederna from Eskilstuna regarding a different matter and

although he doesn't say it straight out Bellamy hints that it could be one of the SWC events.

There will be 12 GPs next year as well and three positions remain to be allocated.

http://www.racemagazine.se/bsi-tva-grand-prix-i-sverige-2014/

BSI need somewhere to stage a qualifying round. Eskilstuna could fit the bill with King's Lynn, as usual, taking the other. Final seems set for Poland. No problem with seeding the hosts (and defending champions) there!

My money would be on Malilla for a GP.

Interested in the likely German venue.Could be a decent year for Germany as it was also announced that they could well be hosting a final round of the new look European Championship as well.....

PROBABLY two in Denmark ... Copenhagen and Vojens. DMU celebrate their 100th anniversary in 2014 and are very keen to mount their celebrations around a GP in their national stadium and their capital city.

• Like 1