Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

Was there a bit of spite from the SGP in the Speedway Star hightlighting the small crowd for the European Championship round in Gorican and the possible absentees for the final round? Surely better concentrating on their own competition.

Was there a bit of spite from the SGP in the Speedway Star hightlighting the small crowd for the European Championship round in Gorican and the possible absentees for the final round? Surely better concentrating on their own competition.

Sadly that stood out to me too.

Interested in doing the Prague Gp next year has there been any indication yet on the date?

No offence but i wish they would ditch it. Doesn't seem to be any great interest in speedway in the Czech Republic these days. There have been some fantastic league meetings but sadly raced in front of one man and a dog with the likely highest attendance being the epic day when one man and two dogs attended!

Edited by manchesterpaul

Was there a bit of spite from the SGP in the Speedway Star hightlighting the small crowd for the European Championship round in Gorican

A bit rich of them considering the crowd for the Italian GP... :blink:

Think it seems to be relevant in asking just who the Speedway Star are serving.Are they really giving unbiased and informative stories to their readership or are they serving the people who supply the stories?Do they publish anything about the poor attendances at GPs or at league speedway?Do they criticize track prep at GPs or British speedway?Guess we might get a story about the Polish Final farce,but was there an in depth feature about the farce at Belle Vue?I would hope a speedway magazine has no bias towards any promotion or organisation over a rival

WHICH was bigger than that in Gorican for the SEC. But we have consistently questioned having a GP in Italy. Not in any way due to SS but there won't be one in Italy next year.

WHICH was bigger than that in Gorican for the SEC. But we have consistently questioned having a GP in Italy. Not in any way due to SS but there won't be one in Italy next year.

Yes, but one is a World Championship round in a competition that's been running for nearly 20 years, whilst the other isn't and is in its first season in its current format. As for questioning whether there should be an Italian GP, well I guess BSI must now looking for an exit strategy... ;)

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

AT least I didn't say 100 per cent. Things have changed very recently. Lonigo was on the calendar. Now its not. No strategy required.

Use to like Lonigo. Had great times spending week in Italy seeing sights before gp. Wonder if the winners bike front cover is still up in the local cafe i gave them a few years back :D

NO where better to stay than Lake Garda...

Varenna at Lake Como. EDIT: Though you cant all come... :lol:

Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

Varenna at Lake Como. EDIT: Though you cant all come... :lol:

What about Jouni's place on the lake in Finland?Looks wonderful as long as the weather is good.And if it isn't good,just retire to the sauna with a beer or two :t:

When you look at the schedule I think it's too bad that there are no GPs at the Saturday of the third week of June,

Like the Swedish GP or Copenhagen, since it in Sweden (not sure about DK and FIN) is a very big holiday where most

people have 3½ days off from work and thus would be able to do a mini vacation without having to take out extra leave days.

I don't know but I would guess that it would at least increase attendances to some extent in a Swedish or Danish GP,

What about Jouni's place on the lake in Finland?Looks wonderful as long as the weather is good.And if it isn't good,just retire to the sauna with a beer or two :t:

Finland has some great sceneries and places to be, but sitting on the Como shoreline with 2000 meters high pile of rock behind you and another in front of you on the opposite shore make's it all a bit different... Add to that some sun, drinks, white mountain peaks and being away from home... aaahhhh :party::approve:

When you look at the schedule I think it's too bad that there are no GPs at the Saturday of the third week of June,

Like the Swedish GP or Copenhagen, since it in Sweden (not sure about DK and FIN) is a very big holiday where most

people have 3½ days off from work and thus would be able to do a mini vacation without having to take out extra leave days.

I don't know but I would guess that it would at least increase attendances to some extent in a Swedish or Danish GP,

Would be a financial suicide to have a meeting in Finland during the midnight sun festival. Sure everyone has leave from work, no way they would spend it watching speedway and paying 50 euros for it. Edited by f-s-p

Certainly 90% of speedway promoters in the UK seem oblivious at times to fixture clashing immensely popular local counter-attractions let alone be aware of public holidays to take advantage of. I guess it's no difference with the SGP. Didn't Denmark have two consecutive fixture clashes with their nations footballers appearance in the World Cup Finals or more likely i think it may have been the European Championship Finals recently?

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1