British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

Why is the onus on the BSPA to address Lee's drug problem and finding out why he did it? There's plenty of channels he can go down to do that for himself - it's not as if he hasn't had the opportunity in the past. Oh, and it's no mistake. He deliberately smokes and, according to his brief, takes an amphetamine or two to counteract the pot so he can keep working on other riders' engines.

Which explains why there are inconsistencies in the engines he does.

Why is it harsh ? even the BSPA can't have a serial drug offended to run a speedway club

Which explains why there are inconsistencies in the engines he does.

I am really astounded over some of the ant-Lee comments on here...I quote the latest. Did I say "comments"? - perhaps a better word is "vendetta"! :sad:

Edited by Guest

I am really astounded over some of the ant-Lee comments on here...I quote the latest. Did I say "comments"? - perhaps a better word is "vendetta"! :sad:

Certainly not a vendetta from me, just an observation.

• Like 1

So was this any worse than Darcy? or have you forgotten? again i supported Darcy on that issue.Whoever it was i would give support to it was a human error EVERYBODY makes them even you.It is easier to punish somebody rather than trying to address a problem,and finding out why they did it by doing that you might even stop someone else making the same mistake in the future.

Of course it's worst because he's a serial offender and 53 not a 21 year old ..bit late to address a problem in Lee's case .the fact that he's change hs story from the one he told the court tells you have little desire to address it ...i agree with you on most of what you say but not in Lee's case as he done the same thing two many times .
  • Like 2

Drugs in sport should always attract the stiffest penalties possible, as for being an Official as well, it's unbelievable, especially associated with a Club dealing with up and coming young riders. Don't think there's an anti Michael Lee campaign at all, he's one of the nicest most liked people you could meet, it's actually an anti drugs in sport thing.

• Like 5

Have to agree with the sensible ones on here who have no sympathy for Lee. Its his choice to CONTINUALLY take drugs no one elses. Can see why Woffinden ditched him doing his engines espeacially as it was said at the time Lee was screwing him out of money. Wonder if that money went towards feeding his little habit

• Like 3

How on earth can you paint Lee as some sort of victim?

Someone who has been raped is a victim, someone who has been mugged is a victim, someone who has had their house burgled is a victim.

Someone who has chosen to take drugs is most certainly not a victim. So he split up with his bird, big deal it happens to loads of people every day.

He is not a victim but i tend to look at the good in people rather than the negative.And I get the impression they're are a few on here who would love Ward to end up flat on his back and mess up.I don't i hope he goes on and is a world champion Ward and Lee to me i judge as speedway riders ( ie) because i don't know them.All of us make mistakes so i won't sit and be judge and jury.

Maybe we are over generous with sympathy 'gustix ' but i am with you on this forgive and forget.Lee said he was overwhelmed with the support he has received so it is not all negative is it so wrong to support someone?.And to have a Christian belief that no one should ever be totally given up on it makes me wonder with some on here they would have him locked up and throw away the key.

Well, isn't that what forums are for? The exchange of opinions so that in time a consensus will be arrived at?

I couldn't agree more...........so why have you been doing your utmost to stifle any contributions to the forum which could be described as 'anti Lee?' For a consensus to be arrived at, in the interests of fairness, both sides of the story should be debated. :o

Well, isn't that what forums are for? The exchange of opinions so that in time a consensus will be arrived at?

I couldn't agree more...........so why have you been doing your utmost to stifle any contributions to the forum which could be described as 'anti Lee?' For a consensus to be arrived at, in the interests of fairness, both sides of the story should be debated. :o

I am a little surprised at your comment..stifle any contributions etc etc! What I have been trying to do, and hopefully have been successful is to present an alternative point of view to this sad affair. I hold no personal brief for Michael Lee, who I have never met, but only know him as a successful speedway rider in his racing career. I do, though, live in a world where forgiveness is regarded as a quality of life and feel that is what is now needed in regard to Lee. :approve:

Nothing to do with Lee or your opinions but I'm sorry your style of posting has a bad affect on my eyes so I'm afraid you are going to have to be put on ignore. :neutral:

• Like 3

Looks like 'Back From The Brink" may need an update!

This looks an intriguing comment - can you enlighten me further regarding it? Many thanx.

This looks an intriguing comment - can you enlighten me further regarding it? Many thanx.

Nothing too cryptic really..."Back from the brink" was the book about him.

Edited by The Doctor...

Nothing too cryptic really..."Back from the brink" was the book about him.

Thanks for the clarification.

Looks like 'Back From The Brink" may need an update!

He`s probably writing volume two of ten now....
  • Like 1